I know, I know, it is time to think about after school snack recipes for kids. It can be overwhelming and we end up giving the same snack over and over. The following upside down apple cake recipe will be a hit among kids and adults too. The only thing is that you cannot freeze it. It is best eaten fresh. But as my husband says: we almost fought over the last bite so forget about freezing even a tiny slice of it.Let’s get to the recipe and see how you can make this after school snack!
Upside down apple cake recipe
Affiliate links included below.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar. I tried it with a sweetener and it was not as good. You can replace the sugar with white chocolate (If you have spare Easter chocolate, it will be a great way to use them).
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of flour. I used 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 1 cup of regular flour.
- 3 apples (or more depending on the size) peeled and cut lengthwise
How to make this snack
Kids can help you prepare this after school snack. My daughter loves cracking eggs and mixing the ingredients. I didn’t let her slice the apples though. She is only 6 and I did not want her to get hurt. Besides, I wanted thin slices and it is hard for her little hands.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Drizzle your baking pan with some melted butter and brown sugar.
- Add the apples. Make sure to stick them together.
- Top with the baking mix
- Bake for 30 minutes on 350F or until it becomes brown
Let it cool and then turn it. Or if you used the above pan, just remove the lid. This way you won’t damage the presentation. Otherwise turn your regular baking pan and remove this after school snack carefully. This apple cake recipe is so delicious, like I said, you won’t have any left-overs! You can replace the apples with pineapples or pears. They will taste very good too.
If you’re looking for more great after school snack recipes for kids, check out our Banana Bread Recipe! Also see our favorite fruit recipes on Pinterest.
Follow OurFamilyWorld Magazine’s board Fruit recipes on Pinterest.
What are your favorite after school snack recipes for kids? Have you ever made an apple cake recipe?