Looking for a fun summer drink recipe for kids that’s a little more exciting than plain old lemonade? Maybe you want a virgin drink recipe for the adults at your party that don’t drink alcohol? Our Tropical Strawberry Lemonade is perfect for both! Kids will love the fact that you put candy in their drink, while grownups will enjoy the exotic taste and gorgeous colors. This recipe was inspired by this idea I found on Pinterest.
Related: Lime Water Drink Recipes
If you go with low-calorie and sugar-free options and just use the candy as a garnish, this summer drink recipe for kids doesn’t have to be loaded with calories. Of course, indulging every now and then is also okay. I’ve offered suggestions on how to keep it a bit more on the healthy side, but feel free to do whatever works best for what you have on hand.
Tropical Strawberry Lemonade Summer Drink Recipe for Kids
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for the support.
- 4 Cups Strawberry Lemonade (I love this recipe made with Stevia)
- 4 Cups Mai Tai Mixer (go with a low-calorie version, if possible, like Baja Bob’s)
- Small Box of nerd Candy.
- Fill a pitcher with ice.
- Pour in the Strawberry Lemonade and Maitai Mixer. Stir well.
- Fill glasses with ice. and pour the lemonade/maitai mix into each glass
- Add a sprinkle of the Nerds candy
- Top off with a lollipop, candy end in glass as a garnish.
This is such a fun easy summer drink recipe for kids and adults, don’t you think? Serve it along with a variety of fruits and other healthy snacks, like our Mango Kiwi Spring Rolls. They’re the perfect light, refreshing accompaniment to a breezy summer drink!
Do you have a favorite summer drink recipe for kids? What about a fun virgin drink recipe for the adults at your party that don’t indulge? Tell us about them in the comments!