What kids party would be complete without a fun cake recipe for kids? If you’re planning a Scooby-Doo party, it should be no exception! This delicious carrot cake is decorated in Scooby style. It’s really quite simple to decorate and your children and guests will love it!
Scooby-Doo Fun Cake Recipe for Kids
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsps cinnamon
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups grated carrots
Directions for this fun cake recipe for kids
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix sugar, flour, baking soda, and cinnamon together. Add oil, eggs, and carrots and stir until well blended.
- Spray 3 8″ round pans with non stick baking spray and pour batter evenly into the 3 pans. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool in pans for 15 minutes and remove. Make sure cakes have cooled completely before decorating.
To decorate this great cake you’ll need the following (affiliate links included):
- Prepared buttercream frosting, tinted lime green and light turquoise.
- Prepared fondant colored lime green, light turquoise, orange, brown, yellow, and white.
- Piping bag fitted with medium star tip
- Silicone rolling pin.
- Flower cookie cutters.
- Frosting knife.
- Xacto Knife.
Begin by generously covering the top and the top of the sides of your cake with the light turquoise butter cream. Using your frosting knife, texture the top of the cake by dragging and lifting up.
Cover the bottom of the sides of the cake with the lime green buttercream. After you have applied the green, use your frosting knife to smooth the turquoise and green frosting around the sides of the cake. Allow the two colors to blend.
Using the piping bag and star tip, pipe a border of star flowers around the base of the cake.
Roll tiny balls of orange fondant to create the center of the turquoise star flowers.
Roll out the orange fondant and cut flowers of various sizes for adding to the cake. I used 3-5 of each size. Add a small ball of white fondant for the center of each flower.
Roll out turquoise fondant and with the Xacto knife, cut the shape of the Mystery Machine.
Roll the white and green fondants out as well and cut the windows and the other details of the Mystery Machine. Add these details to the turquoise base.
Use orange fondant to roll and create the letters to add Mystery Machine to the van as well as to create the few additional flowers that are part of the details.
Using the brown fondant, create miniature dog bones or “Scooby Snacks”.
Add a collar to the top of the cake, complete with dog tag by rolling out and cutting the remaining turquoise fondant and the yellow fondant.
If you’d like more details, you could also add figurines of Scooby and the Gang!
A party isn’t complete without crafts and activities! Head over to MyKidsGuide to check out Scooby-Doo party ideas for kids!