Celebrating Valentine’s Day with kids doesn’t have to mean an end to the romance! It just means we incorporate our kids into the event. Check out this delicious Olivieri Raviolli Valentine’s Day recipe and our tips for celebrating with kids.
Having kids does not mean that we forget about our romantic relationship. Valentine’s Day is very important to me and my husband! It’s a way to maintain the romance and the spark in our relationship! We have been married for over 14 years and we never missed a Valentines Day celebration! Even when the kids were younger we managed to have a special time that specific day! How did we do it? Take a look!
How we make Valentine’s day special in our home with kids:
It was hard for us to have a sitter at home for Valentine’s day. Sometimes we couldn’t afford it and other times we couldn’t find one! So we had to be creative to celebrate that special day. We usually organized a romantic dinner! And this is how we did it:
- Get the kids involved in the preparation! My kids are excited when they help us preparing the dinner and set the table. My daughter loves helping with the cooking! My son helps with table decoration! They keep telling their friends: you know, our parents are having a special date tonight and we are helping out.
- Have a pre-celebration with the kids. We have a pre-romantic dinner with the kids! Of course we do not eat but we prepare them something special that day and we set the table for them. For example, we create the delicious Olivieri Ravioli with Spinach, Cheese and Alfredo Sauce Valentine’s Day recipe below for them, then make the Olivieri Four Cheese Manicotti for us!
- Let kids play restaurant. A great way to get kids involved in celebrating Valentine’s Day is to let them play the role of restauranteur. My daughter gets to be the hostess while my son plays waiter. Remember to “tip” your staff! While the kids are getting ready to do this, my husband and I change into our special Valentine’s Day date night clothes.
- Send them to bed a little earlier. When kids know that it’s a special night for you, they’re more likely to be willing to move their bedtimes up a bit. Even if they’re not going to sleep, send them up to their rooms to read or play while you enjoy your romantic Valentine’s Day recipe.
Valentine’s Day Recipe for Celebrating with Kids: Olivieri Ravioli with Spinach
Ingredients for this Valentine’s Day recipe:
- 1 package of Olivieri Ravioli with Spinach and Cheese
- Jar of Classic Alfredo Sauce
- Cheese for topping
How to make:
- Boil water in a large pan
- Cook Ravioli for three minutes
- Top with sauce and cheese
That’s it! Making this incredibly easy Valentine’s Day recipe for your kids frees up your time to make your own meal a little fancier.
Don’t forget, from now through February 23rd, head over to enter for a chance to Win with Olivieri! You could win a spa retreat for you and your special someone! The contest is open to Canadian residents age of majority.
Connect with Olivieri
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Olivieri. All opinions are our own.