Celebrating Valentine’s Day with kids doesn’t have to mean an end to the romance! It just means we incorporate our kids into the event. Check out this delicious Olivieri Raviolli Valentine’s Day recipe and our tips for celebrating with kids.
Having kids does not mean that we forget about our romantic relationship. Valentine’s Day is very important to me and my husband! It’s a way to maintain the romance and the spark in our relationship! We have been married for over 14 years and we never missed a Valentines Day celebration! Even when the kids were younger we managed to have a special time that specific day! How did we do it? Take a look!
How we make Valentine’s day special in our home with kids:
It was hard for us to have a sitter at home for Valentine’s day. Sometimes we couldn’t afford it and other times we couldn’t find one! So we had to be creative to celebrate that special day. We usually organized a romantic dinner! And this is how we did it:
- Get the kids involved in the preparation! My kids are excited when they help us preparing the dinner and set the table. My daughter loves helping with the cooking! My son helps with table decoration! They keep telling their friends: you know, our parents are having a special date tonight and we are helping out.
- Have a pre-celebration with the kids. We have a pre-romantic dinner with the kids! Of course we do not eat but we prepare them something special that day and we set the table for them. For example, we create the delicious Olivieri Ravioli with Spinach, Cheese and Alfredo Sauce Valentine’s Day recipe below for them, then make the Olivieri Four Cheese Manicotti for us!
- Let kids play restaurant. A great way to get kids involved in celebrating Valentine’s Day is to let them play the role of restauranteur. My daughter gets to be the hostess while my son plays waiter. Remember to “tip” your staff! While the kids are getting ready to do this, my husband and I change into our special Valentine’s Day date night clothes.
- Send them to bed a little earlier. When kids know that it’s a special night for you, they’re more likely to be willing to move their bedtimes up a bit. Even if they’re not going to sleep, send them up to their rooms to read or play while you enjoy your romantic Valentine’s Day recipe.
Valentine’s Day Recipe for Celebrating with Kids: Olivieri Ravioli with Spinach
My kids love ravioli! It’s one of their favorite recipes. For this special occasion, I tried the Olivieri Ravioli with Spinach and Cheese, topped with Classic Alfredo Sauce.
Ingredients for this Valentine’s Day recipe:
- 1 package of Olivieri Ravioli with Spinach and Cheese
- Jar of Classic Alfredo Sauce
- Cheese for topping
How to make:
- Boil water in a large pan
- Cook Ravioli for three minutes
- Top with sauce and cheese
That’s it! Making this incredibly easy Valentine’s Day recipe for your kids frees up your time to make your own meal a little fancier.
Don’t forget, from now through February 23rd, head over to enter for a chance to Win with Olivieri! You could win a spa retreat for you and your special someone! The contest is open to Canadian residents age of majority.
Connect with Olivieri
Connect with Olivieri on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with all their latest news. Visit them on Pinterest to see other amazing recipes!
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Olivieri. All opinions are our own.
49 thoughts on “Olivieri Ravioli Valentine’s Day Recipe: Celebrate with Kids”
walmart cable cords
I love the “let the kids play restaurant idea”. How fun! You could really use this anytime to create those fun special times with the kids.
love your presentation
Thanks for the post. Don’t just keep it to valentines day.. make any day a special one
I love the Olivieri Spinach and Cheese Raviolis! I love them with almost any sauce!
Olivieri really makes it easy to prepare a fancy meal at home that is as delicious as eating out. Nice presentation!
I always enjoyed making a special meal on Valentines Day for my family. It makes them all feel loved.
Great recipe!!! So simply yet looks delicious!
Looks delicious! We eat a ton of pasta in our place and it’s usually what we order when we go out somewhere too. Olivieri makes some of the best for sure!
Pasta is one of my weaknesses especially fresh.
I like Olivieri pasta and sauces and I usually have some on hand for a quick tasty meal.
Great plating! Olivieri makes amazing fresh pasta and so easy to find in stores too.
looks nice and simple and yummy
I love that you make V-Day a family affair! Great meal idea.
I love this pasta im going to make this brand for vday
Olivieri Ravioli with Spinach and Cheese is one of my favorites. They have great products. I use there the fresh lasagna pasta in my lasagna.
I love the heart-shaped ravioli – I hope I can find them in stores – no luck so far.
We all love Olivieri in our house, great quality and it’s food the kids really love!
I love using Olivieri products.
Everyone in my family loves ravioli so this would be a hit with everyone.
Great post. P.S. Olivieri pasta is so yummy that I could eat it everyday.
Pasta is a family favourite. Great way to get the kids into cooking.
I love Lasagna, but I have been enjoying Olivieri Pasta a lot lately!!
Looks good I love ravioli but I like the beef ravioli can’t get used to the cheese one.
Try putting ravioli and other stuffed pasta on a stick. Kids love that. Like little kebabs.
Oliveri pasta and sauces are great and so fresh
I love the tortalini pasta
I love ravioli and this looks like such a fun idea
This looks wonderful. could be my valentines day recipe for the famly
Looks delicious and very very romantic. :)
Out of all their sauces and pastas, these are the only 2 I haven’t tried yet, except for the new heart ones. I’ll have to give them a try!
My hubby would love this! Sounds delicious!
These look so good!
Olfa: My kids love playing restaurant. That’s so funny. I indulge them. My Mom used to play that with them too. So cute. What a great idea.
This looks delicious, and would be great instead of spending alot of money on going out to dinner
My daughter would love to help make and eat this — she loves Olivieri.
Neat idea to involve your children. Their Spouses…many years from now will Thank You!
All this pasta is getting me hungry now, I am not waiting for Valenitne’s!
Love Olivier I!! Thank you!
My 3.5yr old loves Valentine’s already! I was at an Olivieri twitter party the other day and learned that they have heart shaped ravioli, I want to try it!
Ooooh, this looks delicious. Perfect for a date night at home. :) My Hubby will love it.
This recipe looks delish and so easy to make! It would be very easy to have the kids help make it :D
MMMMmmm…I love those pastas! Fresh and delicious.
I also love going all out for Valentine’s Day!
These are some great suggestions and sound very much like what we already do in my home, right now to the pasta dish! We always make is a very special day, for all of us. <3
I have to put in my order for a dinner like this with hubby! Looks delicious
What a wonderful idea to involve the kids in Valentine’s Day festivities! I especially love the restauranteur idea! It would be fun to be “served” by the munchkins “for once”. I love Spinach Ravioli – I may have to try this out! Yumm!