Want to make a healthy frozen treat for kids, but they want you to stick with their favorite freezer pops? Now you can do both! We found an awesome recipe for homemade Jello and modified it to create a fun yet healthy frozen dessert that your kids are going to go crazy over! The best part? You can change up the flavors in the homemade jello or the yogurt and make this frozen dessert in just about any combination you want! Let’s get started!
Homemade Jello Ice Pops: A delicious and healthy frozen dessert for kids
- Watermelon Homemade Jello using these directions.
- Orange Homemade Jello
- 2-4 small containers of vanilla yogurt
- Small disposable cups or ice pop molds
- ice pop sticks
- Fill each cup/mold ⅓ way full with the watermelon Jell-O and place in freezer (approx 30 minutes or until frozen)
- Fill each cup/mold ⅔ way full with the orange jello, add ice pop stick and place in freezer (approx 30 minutes or until frozen)
- Next Add the vanilla yogurt to the top and place in freezer (approx 30 minutes or until frozen)
Now that you see how easy it is, you’ll be making this all summer long! They’re even easy enough to get the kids involved! While we went with two classic summer flavors: watermelon and orange, the combinations are really endless. A few other fun combinations include:
- Cherry and Orange with Raspberry Yogurt
- Cherry and Grape with Peach Yogurt
- Watermelon and Grape with Blueberry Yogurt
The best way to decide on your favorite combination is through experimentation. Tour the juice aisle and the yogurt aisle, think “what goes good together?” Then get creative!
Did you try our healthy frozen dessert for kids? What other types of homemade Jello ideas do you have? We’d love to hear about your creative spin on this recipe! Tell us in the comments!