I was raised in a large family: 3 brothers and sisters! My mom had always her hands full: homework supervision, extracurricular activities, cooking and more. Even with a busy schedule, she managed to satisfy our sweet tooth with everyday desserts! She could make a treat with any available ingredient on hand. She prepared easy recipes for all the kids! Everyone took part in their preparation.
When I had kids, I continued the family tradition: serving every day treats with simple ingredients! These quick desserts are even better with COOL WHIP Whipped topping. It adds texture to the ingredients. Kids can help you spread it easily. They can even make nice shapes with it. COOL WHIP makes everyday dessert a special treat!
One of my favorite everyday recipe to cook with kids is the Layered biscuit cake! It is an easy recipe for kids to make. They can make it on their own with a minimum supervision! It is prepared with ingredients you always have on hand: biscuits, chocolate, milk. This dessert is even more special when you complement it with COOL WHIP.
Layered Biscuit Cake: an easy recipe for kids and a delicious treat with COOL WHIP.
Ingredients for this kid friendly recipe
- 2 packets of flat biscuit
- 1/2 Cup of Cocoa powder.
- 1 cup of hot milk.
- 1 cup of your favorite chocolate spread or topping.
- COOL WHIP whipped topping
- Optional: some berries to decorate
- Square or rectangular plate
- In a medium bowl, Mix the cocoa powder with the hot milk
- Lay the biscuits in the plate to calculate how many biscuits you need for a layer! In my example, one layer required 12 biscuits: 3 rows of 4 biscuits.
- Take out the biscuits. Then dip them one by one in the cocoa powder/milk mixture.
- Carefully, place them back on the plate as shown in the picture below.
- Spread the chocolate on the first layer
- Prepare a second layer of biscuits.
- Spread COOL WHIP .
- Repeat until you reach the desired level! I usually make 4 to 5 layers so it will be easy for kids to eat (saves time too).
- Decorate with COOL WHIP and some berries.
- Cool for one hour in the fridge. It is better when served cold
Some tips :
- When dipping the biscuits, it must be a quick process. Don’t dip too much or they will be in pieces.
- You can switch layers: you can start with COOL WHIP and then chocolate spread. It is up to you.
- You can replace the cocoa mixture with coffee. I usually do it when I serve for adults!
Do you have any easy recipe for kids that is made special with COOL WHIP? Do you have a special dessert you’d like to share? Enter COOL WHIP’s Fan Dessert of the Month Contest for a chance to win $500! Simply make a COOL WHIP dessert, take a photo, and upload it here. Enter now!
Sponsored posts are purely editorial content that we are pleased to have presented by a participating sponsor. Advertisers do not produce the content. I was compensated for this post as a member of Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all my own.
original source: my mother!