I am always looking for recipes that are kid friendly and that can teach my son basic cooking skills. I find that the chicken parmesan tenders is a great recipe that tweens can help you with. Even my 4-year-old can help with the preparation. What I love about this chicken recipe is that it is easy to prepare and is ready in less than 45 minutes. Besides, this recipe can turn into great baked chicken tenders: healthier than ready-made one.
Baked chicken parmesan tenders recipe: an easy recipe to prepare with kids
- 12 chicken thighs. Some recipes use chicken breasts. They are good too but I find that the servings are larger and since this chicken parmesan recipe is geared for kids, I prefer smaller servings such as chicken thighs. You can make it with less or more chicken thighs depending on how many chicken tenders you want to make.
- 2 cups of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cup of tomato sauce. You can buy the Spaghetti tomato sauce cans. I usually make my tomato sauce and freeze it. In a a pan, I add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 4 diced summer tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook for 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. My 4-year-old loves doing this.
- Dredge the chicken thighs in the eggs both sides and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Your tween or even a 7 year-old can do this easily! It is a bit messy so make sure they put an apron!
- Brush your cooking dish with olive oil
- Lay the chicken thighs on your cooking dish. Make sure that they do not overlap so they cook well. I usually cover with aluminum foil but it is optional.
Cook for 20 minutes. Make sure to turn them after 15 minutes cooking.
- If your kids are huge fans of chicken tenders, do not add the tomato sauce. If not, add the tomato sauce and cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Add the grated cheese and cook for 5 minutes.
You will have yummy chicken parmesan tenders that you can serve with your favorite vegetables. My kids love it with Bear Paws. You can also serve it with white rice and a salad. If I have some leftovers of chicken parmesan tenders, I dice them. They will be perfect for sandwiches or salads.
original source: my mother!