Spring is finally here and with the sunshine finally warming us up we are whipping up some fresh recipes! Smooth Greek yogurt, fresh avocados and juicy fruit are some favorites for this time of year. Crisp salads with chia seeds, kale chips and cool smoothies are healthy and perfect when the weather gets warm and tastes refreshing! For kids, try a chewy brownie recipe with a cool frosting on top to celebrate the warmer weather.
With the springtime weather finally arriving, maybe your kids would like some Spring Flower Brownies, Butterfly Cupcake Petits Fours or cupcakes that resemble bunnies, the sun or tulips. There are many dishes you can whip up that will make them say “Mmmm… delicious” and they will look pleasing to the eyes, too!
My kids love sweet treats that are colorful and for this time of year, I like to create embellishments with pastel colors to satisfy their cravings while getting them excited about the designs. Try out this delicious brownie recipe that will please your kids taste-buds!
Spring Flower Brownies
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients Needed To Make This Brownie Recipe:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla frosting
- Colored mini marshmallows
Directions To Make Spring Flower Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, milk, salt, baking soda and vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs and melted chocolate to the bowl.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool completely, for about 1 hour.
- Cut brownies into squares.
- Take marshmallows and use scissors to make 4 or 5 slits. Make sure you only cut them halfway.
- Open the slits in the marshmallows to resemble a flower, then attach to each brownie with a dab of frosting.
- Use the green marshmallows to make leaves and attach those with frosting.
Your kids will love this brownie recipe and it will almost look too pretty to eat! This is perfect for spring, but don’t let that stop you from making it for other occasions! If you want to get a little more creative, you can even add a few sprinkles. Just remember to make more than one batch of this brownie recipe, because these are going to be gobbled down quick and they will be begging for more Spring Flower Brownies!
Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”
10 thoughts on “Brownie Recipe: Springtime Flower Brownies #LMDConnector”
we love brownies! very cute! not sure who would love this more, the kids or my hubby!
YUM, I love brownies, and they must have icing :o)
I love brownies too!
Those are so cute and a great unique way to serve brownies. I love the little flowers.
Thanks! I love little flowers, too.
What a cute alternative to cupcakes for spring or just ordinary brownies cut into squares! These are adorable!
Thanks, Mariah! Almost too cute to eat!