You know that I like easy dessert recipes. Well, this one is not an easy one, LOL. But I had to share it with you! It is perfect for any occasion, for instance Father’s Day dinner or an adult birthday party. Besides, it is so refreshing and colorful and you can use any fruits you like! So I’ll stop the talking and walk you through this delicious fruit dessert recipe.
Fruit Dessert Recipe: Fruit Pie
Dough for pie crust pastry
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of butter (Please do not use margarine as the dough won’t turn out as well. Keep the butter at room temperature before using. Cold butter won’t do unless you are using a food processor.)
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoons of milk
- 1 cup of single cream (You can choose a low fat one)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 cups of your favorite fruits (In this case I used strawberry and kiwi)
How to make the pie crust pastry
- In a large bowl, add the flour, all dry ingredients and the soft butter.
- Mix together with your hands. If you are lucky to have a machine, it will save you a lot of mess. My friend uses this Black and Decker food processor. I often visit her to make my dough (until my husband figures that I need one of my own and buys it for me).
- Add the egg.
- Then use the milk to make it smooth.
- Let sit for an hour at room temperature.
Bake the crust in a 9 inch pie pan at 350F for about 20 minutes or until it becomes golden. Don’t overcook it.
To avoid burns on the pie borders, cover with aluminum foil.
This pie crust dough is perfect to use for any fruit dessert recipe. You can use it to make this Blueberry Pie or this Pumpkin Cheesecake. Ready made pie crusts are convenient when you are in a hurry and you have a last minute fruit dessert recipe to prepare. Preparing a pie crust is messy but once you make your own, you just cannot go back to using ready made ones!
- While the crust is cooking, whip together the cream, granulated sugar and the eggs.
- Top the baked crust with the cream mixture.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until it thickens.
- Let rest for an hour or until it has cooled.
- Decorate with your favorite fruits.
Optional: Top with some ready made coating (to give that shiny look)
My kids love this fruit dessert recipe! I barely had time to shoot the picture. They were jumping around to eat it!
Voilà. Bon appétit.
What fruits would you use in this delicious fruit dessert recipe?