The holidays are coming up and along with shopping for gifts, you are probably going to be spending some time in the kitchen baking and cooking. Besides making gingerbread houses, cookies, and ham, there are a lot of other healthy holiday recipes that will please everyone in the family.
Why Spinach is So Good for Your Healthy Holiday Recipes
Not only is this Spinach pie easy to make, there are also several benefits to making healthy holiday recipes out of this green, leafy vegetable. It is rich in iron, low in calories, is an anti-inflammatory food, aids in digestion, and prevents constipation. Spinach also increases the body’s natural immunity and curbs overeating. The high amount of Vitamin A in spinach promotes healthy skin. Some research studies indicate that eating spinach in your healthy holiday recipes may even prevent certain types of cancer. Knowing all these health benefits will make a great conversation starter during your holiday dinner with family and friends!
Now that you know why you should make this healthy holiday recipe, let’s get on with what ingredients you need and how to make it!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Time to cook: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Spinach Pie Crust:
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 Tsp of dry yeast
Ingredients for Spinach Quiche Filling:
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup cooking cream
- 1 package frozen spinach
- ¼ cup grated cheese. We usually use Parmesan Cheese.
Directions for Spinach Pie:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius.) Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray and set aside. For this, I used a rectangular pan!
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk 2 eggs. Add the eggs to flour mixture. Add butter to mixture and stir well.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the flour mixture about four or five times into a ball. Then take a rolling pin and roll it out flat to fit your pan with a little overlapping the sides for the crust. Leave some of the dough for the decorations.
- Press carefully into your pie pan and trim the edges.
- In a skillet, heat frozen spinach and grated cheese over medium heat, stirring often, until the moisture evaporates.
- In a bowl, whisk the 2 remaining eggs and cooking cream. Add the spinach mixture and pour into the pie pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes and let cool a bit before enjoying this healthy holiday recipe.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables.
You can add other ingredients to healthy holiday recipes like this Spinach Quiche, such as onions, green peppers, cabbage, bacon, turkey, or ham. You can also add extra cheese on top or make it kid friendly by taking the cheese and making a big smiley face, which really makes young children want to try quiches. Get creative and make healthy holiday recipes like this Spinach Quiche uniquely yours!
5 thoughts on “Delicious Spinach Pie”
I’ve never heard of Spinach pie but it looks pretty good and I like the ingredients that you use
Love the heart detail. But I absolutely love spinach quiche. Wonder if I can convince someone to make it for me! 🙂
aw i love the hearts- nice touch!
I don’t think I’ve ever had quiche. The look of this reminds me of white spinach pizza! Definitely going to try this one.
That looks really good, and I typically don’t like quiche because it’s too egg-y for me. This only has two, so I like it.. and I love spinach!