Green Bean Casserole: Delicious Christmas side dish
Affiliate links included below. Thanks for your support!
- 2 cans of cream of mushrooms
- 3 cups of fresh cut string green beans (Or you can buy 2 cans of fresh cut green beans)
- 1 container of homemade fried french onions. You can use packaged one but I prefer homemade ones.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- If using fresh string green beans clean the beans and cut the ends off.
- Place into a pot of hot water and boil the green beans until tender and hot.
- In another sauce pan, pour in the cream of mushroom and keep on low heat while green beans cook.
- Combine green beans with cream of mushroom and then pour into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the fried onions around the edges.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
As easy as that! This Christmas side is better when served hot. Fries won’t taste great if they are cold so make sure to prepare it at the last minute. You can prepare the ingredients ahead of time and set up the dish. Besides kids might eat all the fries before you get the chance to put them in the dish.
Now time for the dessert but you have to wait until next week to get the details! Here is a sneak peak of what it will look like.
Have you ever mixed green beans and onion fries? How did you like it? Tell me.