I know it is only mid November but planning Christmas dinner that early is super duper important for me. It helps me go through the holiday without too much stress. I can even save money by doing this as I will watch out for deals and coupons for the ingredients I need. It’s a win-win stituation. Besides I get to test try the recipe before serving it. Many people prefer cooking Turkey for Christmas. Since I went with that option for Thanksgiving, I decided to go with Ham. Now let’s stop the talking and get this Christmas dinner recipe: a delicious Honey Glazed Ham.
Honey Glazed Ham recipe: Perfect for your Christmas Dinner
- 1 1/4 C packed brown sugar
- 1/3 C pineapple juice
- 1/3 C honey
- Juice (1/3) large orange, juiced
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 can pineapple rings
- 1 jar of maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prep roasting pan with Pam Spray.
- Put the ham in the roasting pan.
- Combine brown sugar, pineapple juice, honey, orange juice, and ground cloves. Stir well.
- Put the ingredients in a sauce pan. Place the saucepan on the stove top bringing them to a boil.
- After bringing to a boil reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Bake ham at 345 degrees uncovered for 2 hours.
- Take the ham out of the oven. Set aside.
- Brush the ham with glaze.
- Bake at 325 degrees for an additional 30 to 45 minutes.
- Brush the ham with glaze every 10 minutes.
- After applying the last glaze place the pineapple rings and cherries on to the ham with wooden toothpicks.
- Remove from the oven, allowing the ham to cool briefly.
That’s it for this Christmas dinner recipe: Honey Glazed ham. It does not take too long to prep but requires some time to cook. Make sure to take that into consideration while preparing for your Christmas party. Don’t forget to come back next week to get the side dishes recipes that accompany this delicious dinner. Here is a sneak peek of what they look like: