With the high prices of meat in my area, I am trying to come up with cheap vegetarian meals for my family. While vegetables are expensive too, they are less expensive than meat. Now don’t get me wrong: I did not give up on meat. I just reduced its consumption. Cutting back on the red meat keeps my budget out of the red! The following vegetarian meal is inspired from Patak’s Canada website. They have TONS of delicious recipes. Make sure to check them out. This recipe is Valentine’s Day themed, since the special holiday is only a few days away. If you don’t know what to cook for your significant other (or you want to suggest some cooking ideas for your SO to pamper YOU), make this delicious heart-shaped vegetarian pizza. Even older kids can do it. Won’t you love to eat a meal WHIPPED up by your teen? I would in a heartbeat. This would be the best Valentine’s Day gift ever.
Cheap Vegetarian Meals for Families: Valentine’s Day Vegetarian Pizza
- 1 package of naan bread
- 1 jar of Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce
- cheese: I usually use mozzarella or Swiss cheese, 1/4 CUP
- Green olives
- Colored peppers. I found them on sale in my grocery store
- Heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Heat oven to 350 F
- In the mean time: cut peppers in small round shapes
- Place your naan bread on a cutting board.
- Using your cookie cutter, cut few heart shaped naans. Don’t throw the rest of the bread.
- Heat the heart-shaped naan few minutes in the oven.
- Remove from the oven
- Switch the oven to a broil mode.
- Spread cooking sauce on the bread, top with cheese
- Take out from the oven, top with peppers and olives.
- For the remainder of the bread: you can eat it as is. I love Naan bread, or you can heat in the oven. It makes nice chips.
- Some people prefer adding all the veggies and heating everything. But I don’t. I prefer eating crunchy veggies on my pizza.
More delicious cheap vegetarian meals with Pataks
Pataks Canada makes it easy to “Mix in a little India” and whip up cheap vegetarian meals for your family that taste like a million bucks! Check out a few other delicious meals we’ve made in our Cultured Kitchen!
One of my favorites, this potato & squash samosa recipe puts a healthier baked spin on a traditionally fried side dish.
For a cheap vegetarian meal that will really fill your family up, check out our Grilled Portobello Mushroom recipe. The Mango Chutney takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Another crowd favorite, our Spicy Indian Bean Burgers are absolutely delicious. Even my meat-lovers asked for more! Find more great ideas like these over on the Pataks Canada website! Follow them on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with all their exciting news.
Do you have any favorite cheap vegetarian meals that are easy to put a Valentine’s Day spin on? Share in the comments!
I am part of The Cultured Kitchen Ambassador program in partnership with Patak’s Canada and Blue Dragon Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.