Candied Sweet Potato Casserole: Delicious Christmas side dish recipe:
- 4 C fresh sweet potatoes skinned and cubed
- 1/2 C sugar
- Two eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 TBSP of unsalted butter softened + 3 TBSP set aside
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C of whole milk
- 1/2 C packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C chopped pecans
- 1/3 flour
- 1 1/2 C mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prep casserole dish with Pam spray.
- Put skinned and cubed sweet potatoes in a saucepan full of water. Cover and cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Mix sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, salt, four tablespoons of butter, milk and vanilla extract into a large bowl.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Using another bowl cut the remaining butter and mix in with the pecans and marshmallows.
- Sprinkle the pecans and marshmallows over the sweet potato mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven allowing to cool slightly before eating.
Voilà! A spin on a regular dish that will sure impress your visit along with your honey glazed ham.
Along with this candied sweet potato casserole, I made a delicious green bean casserole. Make sure to come back next week to get the recipe.