This easy recipe is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Unilever. All opinions are my own.
With so many great recipes to make with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, I had a really hard time choosing the one I would make. Fate kind of chose for me. I had planned on making delicious chocolate covered fruit. It seemed like such an easy recipe at the time! I bought all the ingredients, got out my fondue pot (because I never have a chance to use it!) and got started. Well, it was an epic fail on massive proportions. I’m not sure if I bought the wrong kind of chocolate, let it get too hot, didn’t get it hot enough, or what. The chocolate dip turned into a grainy, nasty blob. Not exactly the look I was going for.
So there I was, a deadline approaching and no real time to run to the store. I knew I needed an easy recipe with very clear instructions. Back to the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter website to look for recipes! I found this awesome Blueberry Muffin recipe and thought “hey, I have blueberries, and I’m pretty sure I have the rest of the stuff, so this will work!” The only thing I didn’t have was lemon zest, because I’m not really sure what that is. I did have lemon extract, though! I’m not sure why, but I have it! So I managed to turn their recipe into something a little different without completely goofing it. Go me!
Easy Recipe: Blueberry Muffins with a Hint of Lemon
Now, it’s important to note that when I say its an easy recipe, I mean it. Unlike the other writers here at OurFamilyWorld, who all seem to be culinary geniuses (seriously, have you seen our amazing recipe section? I am always in awe!), I’m what you would call a novice cook. I can bake okay, though!
Ingredients for this amazingly easy recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (plus a small handful extras, I like mine to have a lot of blueberries!)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. lemon extract
- 1/2 cup milk
The original recipe called for a whole stick of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! I misread it and thought it said 1/2 stick. I panicked the entire time the muffins were in the oven, thinking “oh no, another epic fail!” Well, they still came out perfect! If you prefer to follow directions, go ahead and add the whole stick. Just know that it’s fine with half of that.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and get your muffin pan all ready. Either line it with muffin liners or spray it with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl.
- Combine the butter, sugar, eggs and extracts into a larger bowl.
- Toss the blueberries in a bit of the flour mixture and put in a small bowl.
- Get your milk out and leave it in the cup next to your work area.
- Mix all the bowls, along with the milk, together into the wet ingredients bowl. Technically, you’re supposed to “fold” them in. I don’t know how to fold ingredients. I just dump half, stir, then dump the rest and stir. It works just as well as this fancy “folding” thing. When you get to this point, you’ll notice two things. First, your batter is pretty thick. This should have been the signal that I didn’t add enough of something. Second, you have a lot of batter! This recipe makes very nice-sized muffins. Not quite monster muffins, but pretty close!
- Use a tablespoon (preferably not the one you did the mixing with, because if you’re like me, you tasted the batter despite the fact that you know you’re not supposed to eat anything with raw eggs in it) to drop batter into your prepared muffin tin. Fill them up! I filled mine almost to the top.
- Bake for 23 minutes, or until the top is a nice golden, done-looking color. Or, you know, you could do that fancy “toothpick in the center to see if it comes out clean trick.” I prefer to just wing it.
Prefer to watch the directions in video format? I have one of those for you too! I’ll tell you right now, though, that I get really nervous on video. I also sound like I’m about 12 years old. Still, it was fun to make!
Ta-da! This easy recipe makes 12 delicious blueberry muffins with just a hint of lemon to give it a little flavor boost. I am so proud of how they turned out! I’ve never made blueberry muffins from scratch before! Thanks to I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter! I stepped outside my boxed-food comfort zone and come up with something really yummy! Plus, there’s no compromising on taste when you use I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter! instead of regular butter. I love that I’m getting a good amount of my Omega-3’s in these muffins without the added trans fats.
For more great easy recipes using I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! and other tasty spreads in the family, check out It’s Good to Know.
And the winner is DAVID.C
Cooking your favorite recipes using Unilever buttery spreads is a deliciously smart move. With 0g trans fats per serving, less saturated fat and fewer calories than butter, cholesterol-free spreads are a better option.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Unilever.