Do your kids love to bake? Do your children have a fancy for sweet treats? Do you want your kids to have fun baking and to enjoy the desserts, with minimal sugar? These blueberry muffins taste amazing yet aren’t flooded with sugar.
Like most baking recipes, this calls for the standard eggs, oil, flour, and sugar. Yet the sugar is cut back to one cup (you could experiment with only ¾ cup if you decide to place an icing on top). The berries are naturally sweet. And since these muffins are loaded with berries, no need for extra sugar!
Standard or jumbo muffins are best, although a loaf would also work for this recipe. However, steer clear of mini muffins since the blueberry chunks will likely overflow the small pans.
The batch produces two dozen, enough to munch on fresh out of the oven with leftovers to enjoy all week long. Once you fall in love with the best blueberry muffins, make a double batch: one for now, and one for the freezer. Simply thaw overnight or pop in the microwave to warm.
Now the next time that your kids ask to bake with you in the kitchen, you can say, “Okay. Let’s try these yummy (cough, healthy! cough) blueberry muffins.”
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 2 to matoes, diced
- ½ pound of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- cooking cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place ground beef in a pan with a dash of salt and pepper. Heat until the beef is no longer red. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, cook the eggplant, tomatoes, olive oil, and garlic until eggplant is fully cooked.
- Place the ingredients in a greased casserole dish layer by layer in this order: eggplant mixture, ground beef, then cheese on top.
- If you would like it to be more creamy, then you can add 4 tablespoons of cooking cream.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g