I have a confession: I have never used Tofu in my cooking before. It was never appealing to me, nor did I know how to cook it. What changed my mind? I went to a friend’s house and she prepared a delicious vegetables and tofu stir fry recipe. At first, I was skeptical to taste it but I did not want to disappoint my friend. I gave it a try and let me tell you: I was missing out. The stir fry was so good that I asked for another serving! Even my picky teen loved it. He asked me to prepare a similar meal. You know when my picky child asks for a meal, I make it. As simple as that. Give the kids what they ask for (within limits of course).
A few days later, I made this delicious and easy tofu stir fry with one of my favourite sauces: Blue Dragon Sweet And Sour Stir Fry Sauces. What I love about these meals: they are easy to prepare, quick and all the family members enjoy them. What I loved about using tofu is that it is a nice replacement to meat, cost effective and very quick to cook. With the meat prices going through the roof, I am trying to find other protein alternatives that don’t put my food budget into the red.
Sweet and Sour Tofu Stir Fry
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP of minced garlic
- 1 TBSP of minced ginger
- 1 tofu package: extra firm. Dice it into small cubes.
- 1/2 cup of Blue Dragon Sweet and Sour Stir Fry sauce
- 1 package of frozen vegetables. I went with oriental style (a mix of broccoli, carrots, celery, etc) You can use fresh vegetables but at this time of the year, they are so expensive. To give you an idea: 1 cauliflower costs almost $9. Frozen vegetables have almost the same nutritional values and they are handy (no chopping, prepping).
- 2 green onions chopped.
- Heat a pan
- Add vegetable oil, ginger and garlic. Let them cook for one minute until they soften. Make sure to stir regularly.
- Add Tofu, 1/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup of Blue Dragon Sauce
- Cook few minutes and set aside.
- In the same pan, add vegetables and onions, the remaining Blue Dragon Stir Fry sauce and cook for few minutes or until vegetables soften.
- Add the tofu mixture. Cook for 1 minute while mixing well.
- Transfer into a nice dish and enjoy. You can serve it with your favorite noodles, rice or quinoa.
Isn’t this an easy and delicious dish? Give it a try and I am sure all your family will love it. If you’re looking for more delicious vegan recipes, check out my vegan mashed cauliflower made with Blue Dragon Sesame Oil!
Want to stretch your budget by avoiding red meat, but not quite ready to make the leap all the way to vegetarian? Other great alternatives include Grilled Avocado with Shrimp and Juicy Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe with Hoisin Sauce.
Enter for a chance to win Blue Dragon’s 2 NEW Squeezy’s (Sriracha Chili Sauce and Sweet Chili Sauce), 2 stir-fry sauces and a cutting board! Open to Canada only, ends 2/12/2016
I am part of The Cultured Kitchen Ambassador program in partnership with Patak’s Canada and Blue Dragon Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Have you ever made a tofu stir fry before? What are your favorite meatless recipes? Tell me in the comments!