Are you looking for an easy healthy soup recipe to warm you up during those cold winter days? How about making this delicious roasted almond pumpkin soup. With Halloween over, I had lots of pumpkins laying around. Instead of throwing them out, I thought I would make a big batch of pumpkin soup. I used to make this roasted pumpkin soup but I wanted to add a spin on this soup recipe. I roasted almonds and added them to the soup. It turned out so good. If you don’t have a fresh pumpkin, you can use canned ones.
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup with Carnation® Evaporated Milk
- Easy Healthy Recipe: Curried Sweet Potato Soup
- Stay Warm With This Carrot Maple Soup
Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Almonds: An Easy Healthy Soup Recipe
Affiliate links included below.
- 1 medium pumpkin
- 1/4 cup of almonds
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of curry paste (You can replace with curry powder)
- 2 TBSP of oil
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper.
- 1/3 cup of milk or coconut milk
Make this delicious healthy soup recipe
- Preheat oven 350F
- Wash the pumpkin and dry it with a towel.
- Cut it in half and remove the seeds.
- Cover an oven tray with parchment paper and oil a bit
- Put the pumpkin side down on the over tray
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Add the almonds
- Bake for another 10 minutes
- Let it cool and dice the pumpkin
- In a large pot, heat oil. Add onions and garlic. Let it cook until onions are tender
- Add the diced pumpkin
- Add the broth
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes
- Add the roasted almonds (Leave some for decoration)
- In a blender, puree the soup
- Return soup to the pot. Add the milk or coconut milk and let it simmer for few minutes
This roasted pumpkin healthy soup recipe with almonds is very filling. I had it for supper and could not eat anything else with it. The kids loved it. They even asked for more (which is very rare).
- You can replace the almonds with cashews. I did not try it in this pumpkin soup but I will and will update the recipe
- You can freeze the pumpkin in freezer friendly containers. Make sure not to add the milk or coconut milk.
- You can top it with some shredded cheese. It is also a great looking healthy soup recipe. It is perfect for Christmas dinner or a Christmas party. The colors are just gorgeous.
- You can serve it with some garlic bread on the side.
What is your favorite easy healthy soup recipe for chilly nights?