Are you looking for an easy healthy soup recipe to warm you up during those cold winter days? How about making this delicious roasted almond pumpkin soup. With Halloween over, I had lots of pumpkins laying around. Instead of throwing them out, I thought I would make a big batch of pumpkin soup. I used to make this roasted pumpkin soup but I wanted to add a spin on this soup recipe. I roasted almonds and added them to the soup. It turned out so good. If you don’t have a fresh pumpkin, you can use canned ones.
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup with Carnation® Evaporated Milk
- Easy Healthy Recipe: Curried Sweet Potato Soup
- Stay Warm With This Carrot Maple Soup
Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Almonds: An Easy Healthy Soup Recipe
Affiliate links included below.
- 1 medium pumpkin
- 1/4 cup of almonds
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of curry paste (You can replace with curry powder)
- 2 TBSP of oil
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper.
- 1/3 cup of milk or coconut milk
Make this delicious healthy soup recipe
- Preheat oven 350F
- Wash the pumpkin and dry it with a towel.
- Cut it in half and remove the seeds.
- Cover an oven tray with parchment paper and oil a bit
- Put the pumpkin side down on the over tray
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Add the almonds
- Bake for another 10 minutes
- Let it cool and dice the pumpkin
- In a large pot, heat oil. Add onions and garlic. Let it cook until onions are tender
- Add the diced pumpkin
- Add the broth
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes
- Add the roasted almonds (Leave some for decoration)
- In a blender, puree the soup
- Return soup to the pot. Add the milk or coconut milk and let it simmer for few minutes
This roasted pumpkin healthy soup recipe with almonds is very filling. I had it for supper and could not eat anything else with it. The kids loved it. They even asked for more (which is very rare).
- You can replace the almonds with cashews. I did not try it in this pumpkin soup but I will and will update the recipe
- You can freeze the pumpkin in freezer friendly containers. Make sure not to add the milk or coconut milk.
- You can top it with some shredded cheese. It is also a great looking healthy soup recipe. It is perfect for Christmas dinner or a Christmas party. The colors are just gorgeous.
- You can serve it with some garlic bread on the side.
What is your favorite easy healthy soup recipe for chilly nights?
17 thoughts on “Healthy Soup Recipe: Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Almonds”
That sounds delicious! This is exactly the kind of dish I love to serve when fall and winter come to Rhode Island. Yum!
I have never tried making a pumpkin soup before but your recipe sounds delicious so I will have to try it this fall. It’s a great way to not let the pumpkins go to waste after Halloween has come and went.
I have always wanted to try making pumpkin soup. This looks amazing.
This is so ironic! Just this morning I was thinking, “I think I’d like to try some pumpkin soup.” Random, though, right? I guess it was just meant to be. I can’t wait to try the pumpkin matched with almond and curry. Mmm! Thanks!
This sounds like the perfect dish for autumn and winter. It’s so hearty, and it just has that flavor that’s so great in the cool and cold months.
This looks amazing! I love pumpkin soup, but to put almonds on top? Yum!! Pinned.
Thank you so much for attending week 16 of #PureBlogLove and linking your fantastic blog post, I can’t wait to see what you have in store for our next party, Thursday 8 PM EST- Sundays at midnight. Your post has been added to the #PureBlogLove Pinterest board for all to see :) Have a great day!
Oh my! This looks so amazing. Pinned and tweeted. Thank you so much for being a part of our party. We really appreciate you! I hope to see you on tonight at 7 pm. Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls
Thank you for posting to Motivation Monday!
I’ve never thought of using almond in a soup. I once had a cold pumpkin soup and it was good. This one looks delicious. Pinning to try later. :)
This looks so good! Absolutely yummy!
I love pumpkin. This would be a great addition for the holidays.
I have never has pumpkin soup, but it looks very inviting! My daughter would like it as well.
Although I love the warmth of the summertime, fall has my absolute favorite flavors. This sounds incredible! I can’t wait to try it.
Can’t wait to try it,sounds delicious
this recipe sounds yummy, can’t wait to try it!