This roasted chicken recipe takes a while to cook, so it’s not something you can throw together after work, but it’s a delicious weekend meal that the whole family will enjoy. Plus, if you have leftovers, you can use them for other meals throughout the week. Perhaps an Asian chicken and broccoli stir-fry!
Makes: 6 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Ingredients for this roasted chicken recipe
- 1tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lb sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 2
- 1 lb carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 onion cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup Brussels sprouts (optional)
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 (7-8 lb) roasting chicken
How to make the roasted chicken and veggies
- Combine pepper, cumin, salt and cinnamon
- In bowl, toss potatoes, carrots, Brussels sprouts and onion with 1 Tbs oil and ¾ tsp spice mixture
- Mix together remaining oil and spice mixture, brush it over chicken. Place chicken in large roasting pan and put vegetables around.
- Cover with aluminum foal, roast 2 hours or until chicken is no longer pink near bone. Uncover the last 10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.