Do you ever get a craving for a hearty whole wheat biscuit? The kind that is moist and dense, and fills up your belly?
When nothing will satisfy but a whole wheat biscuit, I turn to this quick 5-ingredient recipe. I can mix up the ingredients in less than 5 minutes, and they only take about 10 minutes in the oven. What’s better than fast, healthy, and tasty bread for dinner?
Whole wheat flour has more protein content and nutrients than white wheat. I find that the flavor of freshly ground hard red wheat berries makes the most amazingly flavorful whole wheat flour! And of course you can’t go wrong with butter and milk. If you prefer buttermilk biscuits, you can sub the milk for buttermilk.
I can roll out the dough with my hands on the cookie sheet and cut it into cubes (or use cookie cutters, which is much more fun!). Just be sure to separate the biscuits on the baking sheet before you bake them.
The best part is that my daughter loves to make this recipe with me. She is good at stirring together the ingredients, and – like most kids – she thinks it’s so much fun to play with the dough! Invite your kids into the kitchen for this fool-proof, fast, and easy dinner roll recipe. Your kids will ask you again and again to make these for dinner!
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 2 to matoes, diced
- ½ pound of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- cooking cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place ground beef in a pan with a dash of salt and pepper. Heat until the beef is no longer red. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, cook the eggplant, tomatoes, olive oil, and garlic until eggplant is fully cooked.
- Place the ingredients in a greased casserole dish layer by layer in this order: eggplant mixture, ground beef, then cheese on top.
- If you would like it to be more creamy, then you can add 4 tablespoons of cooking cream.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 134mg Carbohydrates: 9g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g