Hello summer! The next few months will flourish with sunshine, high temps, and backyard living. And life outdoors is made better with a refreshing drink in hand, like sangria.
Find a base liquid. Try a fruity red wine, such as a zinfandel, or a semi-sweet juice, such as grape or cranberry.
Then, chop up a variety of fruits:
- Apples (any varieties)
Go wild with the fruity flavors! There is no such thing as too much fruit in your sangria recipe. My mixture included 1 orange, 1 pear, ½ green apple, juice from 1 mango, 1 lemon, and 1 lime.
Hint: If you don’t include any citrus fruits to your sangria, add some orange, lemon, or lime juice to boost the flavor.
Muddle the wine/juice and fruits together in a large pitcher. Stash in the fridge overnight for the flavors to blend together.
Before serving, take a sip. You may want to stir in soda water, sprite, fruit juice, or alcohol if desired. I personally like my sangria a little bubbly so soda water or sprite are always added to my mixture. My best friend prefers orange schnapps while my mom always adds rum. Basically, customize to your taste and preferences!
Serve chilled in a wine glass. Add crushed ice if desired.
- 1 750mL bottle of fruity red wine (like Zinfandel) or 750mL of juice like (grape or cranberry)
- Approximately 2 cups of diced fruit (see notes below for suggestions)
- Optional: ½ cup soda water or sprite
- Optional: 1 cup alcohol
- Pour wine/juice into a large pitcher.
- Dice up fruit and muddle with the wine/juice.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Taste. If desired, add fruit juice (to make it sweeter), soda water or sprite (to add carbonation) or alcohol.
- Serve chilled or over crushed ice.
Add any variety of the following fruits: apples, pears, peaches, grapes, oranges, lemons, limes, mango, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 1g