Are you looking for an alternative to mashed potatoes to serve with your Thanksgiving meal? How about replacing it with mashed cauliflower! It is delicious, healthy and so easy to make. It is the first time I make it and it won’t be the last. I added some Blue Dragon Sesame oil on top and it added a deep flavour to this dish. My husband ate it as a side dish to his meal. I used it as a dip for my veggies. Either way, it is delicious and totally vegan.
Yes: VEGAN as Blue Dragon Sesame oil is certified vegan, along with the following products:
- Light and Regular Coconut Milk
- Spring Roll Wrappers : make this delicious Mango Kiwi Spring Roll Recipe.
- Rice Noodles
- Sechuzan Pepper. You can make this healthy stir-fry recipe.
- General Tao sachets.
So let’s see how you can impress your guests this Thanksgiving with this easy and creative Mashed Cauliflower dip dish.
Mashed Cauliflower Dip with Sesame Oil
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 TBSP of unsalted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp of Blue Dragon Sesame Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to boil.
- In the mean, wash and break cauliflower.
- Cook cauliflower for about 10 minutes or until tender. Make sure to cover.
- Drain cauliflower. Make sure to reserve water
- In a food processor, blend the following: cauliflower, 1/4 cup of cooking water, garlic, butter.
- Transfer in a serving bowl and drizzle some Blue Dragon Sesame oil.
When my husband saw the dish, he did not ask about the ingredients. He just assumed it was mashed potatoes. I did not say a word. I wanted to have his first impression and he kept asking for more. Of course he noticed it was not potatoes and loved the texture as well as the mix of cauliflower and Sesame Oil. He added a pinch of pepper because he loves it. I prefer it with less pepper and it is as good.
Want another vegan recipe? Try this Sesame Lentil Salad
Have you ever made mashed cauliflower? What did you add to spice it up. Tell me.
I am part of the Blue Dragon Canada ambassador program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.