I don’t like using the oven during the summer! It is too hot and I don’t want to be around the heat of kitchen! I want to enjoy the great weather and outdoor activities with my family! Even if I don’t use the oven, there are many non-bake and easy recipes that can keep you cool and healthy! Since we have fresh produce during the summer, one of my favorite meals are the summer salad recipes! They are so refreshing, easy to make and healthy! There are endless ideas for summer salads. I like adding fruits, nuts and experimenting all sorts of combinations, some of them work, such as the Romaine, strawberry mix and some of them don’t. One day, I mixed grilled eggplants to my romaine salad. It was a nice looking summer salad recipe but the combination wasn’t that tasteful. I don’t recommend it!
Today, I am sharing with you this delicious summer salad recipe from LifeMadedelicious: The Mango Shrimp salad recipe. I have never mixed mango into my salads. I am a huge of fan of this fruit that I can eat two mangos on the row . If you have never tried mango before, you may consider it, especially if you are a sweet tooth. This king fruit has so many nutrients: vitamin C, antioxidants! It is good for the health and tastes so good in your summer recipes. The only thing I dread about mango is how to cut it and shape it! It can be a little messy especially if it is too ripe!
Mango Shrimp Salad Recipe: a refreshing summer salad combination
- 1 bag (10 oz) mixed salad greens. I used a romaine lettuce
- 1 lb cooked peeled medium shrimp, thawed if frozen, tail shells removed.
- 1 ripe medium mango, seed removed, peeled and cubed (1 cup). You can used frozen mango but I prefer fresh one.
- 1 cup fresh snow pea pods, strings removed, cut diagonally in half
- 3/4 cup sesame ginger dressing
- How to cut your mango
- Stand it on your cutting board stem down. Hold with one hand
- Cut parallel slices into the mango. Don’t cut the skin
- Make lengthwise and crosswise cuts
- Use a knife to cut away pieces from the peel
- In a large bowl, mix salad greens, shrimp, mango and pea pods.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to coat.
It was delicious! Summer salad recipes are easy to prepare, quick, refreshing and non-bake! Enjoy!
What’s your favorite non-bake recipe during the summer! Share it with us
Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own