I have been experiencing a few summer salad recipes lately! My husband and I are trying to eat healthier and set the examples for our kids. A few weeks ago, we tried the Mango Shrimp Summer Salad and the Romaine Shrimp and Raspberry one. It was the first time we added mango. We loved it! It was so refreshing! Some of our readers suggested adding cheese in the salad. I love when our readers suggest variations! We tried and it was fantastic. Thanks SamiJoe!
Ingredients for this easy summer salad recipe
- 1 Romaine lettuce torn and cut.
- ½ cup of fresh mango halved: if you are not comfortable cutting mangos, read how you can do it.
- ¼ cup of cherry tomato: I am so excited because I used my own grown cherry tomato. It is the first time I’ve grown vegetables and I am rewarded with delicious and good-looking cherry tomatoes.
- 1/4 cup of cheese cut in small squares. I used Mozzarella because I always have it on hand and my princess is fond of this cheese.
Salad Dressing Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
Directions to prepare the Mango-Cheese summer salad recipe
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, mango, cheese and cherry tomato
- In a container: mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper
- Pour the salad dressing and mix gently!
We served this summer salad recipe with fish fillets. I used fresh fish but it can work well with frozen fish fillet. What I like about these fillets is that they are very quick to cook. I coat them with some butter, salt and pepper. Then cook them for around 5 minutes (if it is fresh) or 10 minutes if it is frozen in a skillet. Kids love fish fillet because it is easy to eat and there are no edges to remove!
Summer salad recipes: the variations are endless! What’s your favorite summer salad recipe? Do you like adding fruits to your salads? Share it with us.