I discovered sushi few years ago. I was at a friendâ€™s birthday party and she had a beautiful display ! I am not a fan of raw fish but the display was so good that I was tempted to try one. It was a real treat. I ate 5 in a row! Â I Â had to limit myself . I did not want to break any party etiquette. The next day, I checked all the sushi restaurants in my area and started testing them. We eat this dish at least once a week. I always admire the person who prepares them. I find it is an art that requires patience! I donâ€™t have those skills (or at least I thought so). Until one day, again in a party, I stumbled on another fan. I was so excited to talk with him. I asked him if we can make them easily at home. He said yes and wrote down the step by step. I prepared them the next day. I am lucky enough to have a grocery store who has all the ingredients needed to Â prepare this delicious recipe.
Ingredients to make sushi
For the Rice
- 1 cup of Sushi Rice. You cannot use your regular rice.
- 3 tablespoon of Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- pinch of salt
- Dried seaweed (also known as nori)
- Â¼ tuna. You can use salmon, cooked shrimp.
- Vegetables: cucumbers, carrots, avocados. Cut them into thin long stripes
- Cook rice
- Heat vinegar in microwave for few seconds
- Mix sugar and vinegar
- Combine vinegar mixture with rice
- Put the rolling mat on an even surface.
- Put the nori sheet on the the rolling mat.
- Spread rice on the nori sheet, covering â…” of the sheet.
- Place the filling in the center
- Roll the sheet with the help of the mat. This is the hardest part. I screwed the first ones because I put too much rice, too much filling!! You need to roll slowly, gently squeezing the roll.
- Open the mat and take out the roll
- Cut into small pieces. I serve with Wasabi sauce or Soy sauce.
This recipe is very easy. You can serve it as an appetizer in a party, or as a main meal if you make many rolls! The first rolls may not come as good looking as you want but the more you practice, the better the outcome will be. I should have started making them years before. It takes maximum 30 minutes to prepare this recipe.
Â What’s your favorite Sushi Roll?
original source of the recipe: unknown