A family movie night is not a success without some munchies and snacks. While popcorn is THE most popular movie night snack, there are other snack ideas worth exploring. It is good to vary snacks. This Honey Roasted Chick Pea Snack Mix will sure be a hit among all the family. Bonus: it is a healthy snack idea that kids can help you make it. A family movie night is not about the movie only, it is about the preparation, the snacks and the family time we can spend together. So get the kids involved in these snacks. They will devour them in no time. Make sure to double the batch because they will eat some while preparing them.
Honey Roasted Chick Pea Snack Mix Healthy Family Movie Night Snack
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for the support.
- 1 Can Garbanzo Beans (chick peas), Drained
- 1/2 Can (or bag) Mixed Nuts
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- Â½ Cup Raisins
- Â½ Cup Cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon Honey warmed
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Â¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Â¼ teaspoon Salt (omit if you purchase Salted Mixed Nuts)
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Pour the drained chickpeas onto a cookie sheet, drizzle with Olive Oil and salt
- Roast for 25 minutes or until golden brown and starting to dry up
- Take the chickpeas out of the oven, but leave the oven on, reduce to 325
- Use a small dish or ramekin to mix the honey (warmed), cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in
- In a large bowl, toss together the chickpeas, nuts, raisins and cranberries
- Drizzle with the honey mixture and coat well
- Spread the snack mix onto a cookie sheet (you can use the same one you roasted the chickpeas on)
- Warm for about 10 minutes
Enjoy this delicious, healthy movie snack recipe. If there is any left (which I seriously doubt), store it in an air-tight container. It can be a great after school snack or a before an extra curricular activity one. It will provide yourÂ child with lots of energy. I do not recommend it as a school snack since it has nuts and many schools do not allow nuts for health purposes.
What is your favorite family movie night snack idea BESIDES POPCORN? Fill me in so I can try them with my family next time.