For today’s blueberry recipe, I will be sharing this healthy blueberry muffin recipe. I replaced some of the fat with Vanilla Greek Yogurt. As you may have noticed, I love cooking with Greek Yogurt: either in a smoothie recipe or in these greek yogurt muffins. Greek yogurt is an easy way to create a healthy recipe out of one that is kind of fatty. Best of all, you don’t lose any of the delicious taste in this blueberry muffin recipe!
Healthy Recipe: Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup of sugar. I used a natural sweetener.
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 TBSP of lemon juice
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 TBSP of melted butter
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries. You can replace with frozen blueberries
- First mix the dry ingredients together: flour, baking soda, baking powder and blueberries
- Then in a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients: eggs, milk, lemon juice and Greek Yogurt
- Then add dry ingredients to the wet ones.
- Fill in the muffin tins. I usually fill it to the top. I used the silicon muffin tins as I find them easy to clean and eco friendly.
It sounds like a lot of ingredients, but really, this blueberry muffin recipe is pretty easy to make. For the sweet tooth, you can dip them in some maple syrup. It will moisten and soften it a bit. But be careful for sticky hands. This recipe can be a great addition to your child’s lunch box or as an after school snacks or after those summer sport activities. Make sure to wrap them properly and they can be stored for 5 days at room temperature. You can even cook a double batch and freeze them in individual portions. The taste won’t be the same but it is handy for those days you don’t want to bake or you don’t have the time to (or both).
Looking for more blueberry muffin recipes? Check out our Blueberry Muffins with a hint of lemon! It’s not quite as much a healthy recipe as this one, but it is delicious. Don’t forget, we’re celebrating Blueberry Month all week long. Check out our favorite blueberry smoothie recipes and low-calorie blueberry pies!
For more blueberry recipes, check out our Pinterest board. Follow OurFamilyWorld Magazine’s board Blueberry Recipes on Pinterest.