I love cooking but I don’t want to spend all morning or afternoon in the kitchen. I want to enjoy some family time with my husband and kids. So I am always looking for healthy and fast recipes. Few years ago, I discovered this great Healthy mixed fried rice from VH Sauces. I use VH sauces on a regular basis as I find them tasty and the kids love their flavors.
This recipe includes vegetables, rice, proteins and of course VH sauce. I changed the recipe a bit to make it own.
Since I was running of sauce, vegetables, I had to go and buy some. You can see all my shop opportunity experience at Walmart in this Google+ album! . There are more than 40 photos that you can enjoy.
Here are my main ingredients I bought: frozen shrimps, stir fry vegetables and VH sauces:
You will need the following to make this yummy recipe
- Cooking spray or 1 tsp of margarine
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 2 Cups of cooked shrimps without tails. You can replace with diced beef, pork or chicken
- 2 cups of frozen vegetables: Stir Fry
- 2 cups of cooked rice.
- 1 Oz of Soy Sauce
- 1 Oz of Teriyaki sauce
1 tsp of starch
- Spray large non stick skillet with cooking spray or margarine. Heat for few minutes and add the garlic and the frozen shrimps. I usually put the shrimps directly on the skillet without thawing them. Cook until shrimps get tender and strain.
- In another skillet, add margarine or cooking spray. Heat for few minutes and then add the frozen vegetables. You can add fresh vegetables too. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Cook the rice: For 1 cup of rice, use 2 cups 1/2 of water and a pinch of salt, margarine. Cook for 10 mn and then strain.
- In a cup, add the VH sauces, 2 oz of water and the starch.
- I usually put the prepared ingredients (below) in separate bowls.
- Add the rice to one of the skillet and drizzle sauce over it. I do not mix rice and vegetables. The kids want to eat them separately. Mix and high heat.
- You can either mix everything in a bowl or eat each ingredient separately.
Enjoy! Makes 4 to 6 servings. Cook time is 15 mn. Preparation is 5 to 10 minutes.
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All opinions are my own.