Are you looking for an easy healthy recipe that’s also gluten free? Look no more. Try this chickpeas salad recipe with Pataks’ Tikka paste. I am sure it will become a staple in your home. With Celiac Awareness Month around the corner, I wanted to show my support to those who stick to a gluten free diet.. My family does not suffer from this disease so I had to make sure of the gluten free products in my recipes.
Thankfully, all Patak’s Canada products in Canada are gluten free, I figured I could use them safely in my salad recipe. I tried the following Chickpea curry recipe from Patak’s Canada website. Nothing like a salad recipe to welcome spring, right? Don’t worry, spring is on its way. I think if I send positive thoughts and prepare springish recipe, it will come faster.
Gluten Free Spicy Chickpeas Salad Recipe
- 2 tbsp Patak’s Tikka Paste
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 can (540ml) chick peas, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 green chilli pepper, cut lengthwise in half. I used colored peppers.
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Fry the onions for 5 – 6 minutes, until soft.
- Add the Patak’s Tikka Paste and the chopped tomatoes, reduce heat to medium, and cook for another 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add the chilli pepper and chick peas. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Serve with warm naan bread or chapattis or gluten free baguette
What do you think? Doesn’t this gluten free recipe look delicious. It really is. To spice up things a bit, I even added some Tikka paste to my baguette. I love spicy food and I enjoy toasted bread with hot spreads.
Looking for more delicious ways to spice up your gluten free living? Check out the Patak’s Canada website for all their yummy products. Don’t miss their amazing Tumblr, Good Korma! So many delicious recipes there. Follow on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with all their exciting news.
This salad recipe is perfect for lunch, as it’s rich in protein. It is also perfect as an entree for your fancy dinners. It is colorful and looks fabulous on your table!
Have you ever made a gluten free spicy chickpeas salad recipe? Tell me about it in the comments!
Disclosure: I am part of the Patak’s Canada ambassador program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.