Nothing like a soup recipe to warm you up during those really cold winter nights. We had a FREEZING week in Montreal. It was so freezing and icy thatÂ I could swap out my car’s wheels for skates. My daughter literally wanted to put her skates on and for reason. Check her school yard: an outside arena.
Since I had an acorn squash on my counter, I decided to go for a squash soup. You know how much i love cooking with squash during the fall and winter. I like making this butternut squash soupÂ or Stir Fry with Spaghetti squash . I have never tried the acorn squash soup with ginger. I found the recipe on this siteÂ I thought I would give it a try.
Ginger Squash Soup Recipe with almonds
- Almonds for decoration
- Optional: your favorite cream.
- Heat the oil in a (affiliate link)Â large potÂ and add the ginger, nutmeg and leeks.
- Cook until the leeks are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and squash, continue cooking for another 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add chicken broth and let it boil. Turn the heat down to low. Cover and let it simmer for about 30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and puree using a blender. Add milk and continue blending.
- Once it reaches a smooth consistency, add salt and pepper, garnish with almonds and serve. You may need to reheat the soup a bit if it cooled during the blending process.
This squash soup recipe turned out delicious. It was filling and kids asked for more.
- You can double the batch and freeze it in individual containers. It will be perfect for lunch boxes
- You can serve it with your Â favorite bread or garlic bread.
- Try it with another squash. It would be great with Butternut squash.
- If you don’t feel like peeling the squash, you can buy them ready peeled. They are more expensive though but it saves you time.