During the summer, yellow squash and zucchini grow in abundance! Instead of just roasting these veggies, try this new recipe. When you see yellow squash overtaking your garden or notice grocery store produce aisles laden with zucchini, this new flavorful recipe will be hard to pass up.
First, wash, dry, and slice the yellow squash. For this recipe, I suggest slicing each squash into quarters lengthwise, and then into bite-sized pieces. (While round slices will work, they don’t quite crisp up as well.)
Drizzle a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, add the yellow squash chunks and stir to coat them in the oil. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes so they have time to thoroughly brown on each side. (Plus it keeps your hands free to chop and stir and sprinkle other dishes at the same time!)
After 15 minutes the yellow squash should be tender on the inside and slightly crispy on the browned outside. Turn the heat down to low and sprinkle dried garlic powder, salt, and finely shredded Parmesan cheese on top. Stir and let sit on low for 5 minutes.
These garlic Parmesan yellow squash bites are so delicious that you’ll go back for seconds! And, as I discovered by doing that very thing, they still taste yummy at room temperature.
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 2 to matoes, diced
- ½ pound of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- cooking cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place ground beef in a pan with a dash of salt and pepper. Heat until the beef is no longer red. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, cook the eggplant, tomatoes, olive oil, and garlic until eggplant is fully cooked.
- Place the ingredients in a greased casserole dish layer by layer in this order: eggplant mixture, ground beef, then cheese on top.
- If you would like it to be more creamy, then you can add 4 tablespoons of cooking cream.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 194 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 134mg Carbohydrates: 9g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g