Chicken is easy to prepare and is always pleasing to the people gathered around your table. But sometimes chicken feels…boring, right? (Am I the only one who feels this way?!)
That’s how I felt last week. I opened up my fridge at 9am already burdened about what to make for dinner. I didn’t want a heavy sauce like or an elaborate meal like chicken pot pie. What ingredients did I have? What would taste good with chicken?
And then it popped into my head the way popcorn unexpectedly pops from it’s kernel. Fresh cilantro lime chicken. Light, flavorful, simple—exactly what I was craving for dinner! I instantly felt like my day’s schedule freed up since I knew this dinner would take less than twenty minutes to prepare since all I had to do was juice a lime and chop some cilantro.
Honestly, this fresh cilantro lime chicken is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Cook the chicken in a skillet. I cut my chicken breasts into strips since they cook faster that way.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, squeeze fresh lime juice on top and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
- Simmer on low for a few minutes before eating!
This zesty dish pairs well with a tossed salad, a side of beans, or a mixed fruit salad. Or, use this chicken as the filling for tacos.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1-2 limes, juiced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, diced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat up a skillet to medium-high heat. Add a little olive oil to the pan if needed.
- Slice chicken breasts into strips, then toss in olive oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken for approximately 8 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Drizzle the lime juice and fresh cilantro over the chicken, then simmer on low for a few more minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 238Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 37g