Looking for an easy healthy recipe to warm you up during those cold winter days? Try this carrot maple soup. I am sure you will fight over it. It’s just that delicious! I have never considered mixing carrot and maple syrup until I read a french cookbook suggesting that mix. The Carrot Maple soup looked delicious and I thought it will be a great twist on my usual caramelized carrot soup. Besides, it is ready within 40 minutes (preparation included).
Easy Healthy Recipe: Carrot Maple Soup
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 2 cups of baby carrots. The recipe called for 8 carrots diced.
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of curry powder. You can replace it with this Blue Dragon Curry Paste. I tried it both ways and I prefer it with the curry paste as it adds more flavor.
- optional: 1 tsp of ginger. I used fresh ginger shredded ginger.
Make this easy healthy recipe:
- In a large bowl, add olive oil, onions and ginger. Cook until onions are softened.
- Add the carrots, maple syrup and broth.
- Cover and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Then blend it well. I usually blend half of the soup first and then the second half after. My blender cannot sustain a large quantity of soup and I don’t want to have splashes all over the kitchen.
This carrot maple soup is perfect with a delicious cheddar meat loaf, some garlic bread . It is great on those cold winter nights. I find it is also a great way to use those large bags of baby carrots that I buy from Costco. Those carrots are not very tasty after 5 days so adding them to this easy healthy recipe is a great way to repurpose them. If you’re looking for even more carrot goodness, check out our favorite holiday carrot soup recipe! See our Pinterest soup board for more soups for the fall and winter!
Have you ever made carrot maple soup before? Tell me about it.