Are you looking for a great fall dessert? Try this easy chocolate cake recipe. Bonus: it has no butter. It’s called Genoise in french. It is a lighter version of cakes. It is so easy to make. You can even whip it while your guests are at the front door. All you need is flour, eggs, sugar and chocolate spread. I am sure you have all these ingredients in your pantry already. Genoise cakes are light. They can be filled, glazed or served as they are. You can double the batch to make a nice layered cake. It is so versatile.
Related: Amazing Cake Recipes
Delicious Chocolate Genoise Recipe
Affiliate links included. Thanks for the support.
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 6 eggs
- pinch of salt
- Chocolate spread or your favorite hazelnutÂ spread.
- Unsweetened coconut
- 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan orÂ 9-inch springform pan, bottom topped with buttered parchment paper or PAM Cooking Spray.
- Preheat the oven to 300 F
- Put a medium size mixing bowl in the fridge for few minutes, along with the hand’s mixer whisks. If you are using a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, make sure to put the bowl in the fridge too.
- In the mean, with your hand mixer on high, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until it is creamy
- Add the flour. Make sure to use a wooden spatula to mix well.
- Sperate eggs: yolk and white
- Remove the mixing bowl from the fridge and beat the egg whites with the pinch of salt.
- With your hand mixer set on high, beatÂ the whites until they double in volume and become firm.
- Slowly add the egg whites to the rest of the mixture. You will need to use your wooden spatula. It is a delicate process.
- Scrape the butter in the pan
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Let it cool
- Remove the cake from the pan into a rack
- Top with chocolate spread
- Decorate with coconut
I like that it is fluffy and light. You can add whipped cream on top, glaze it. The possibilities are endless with genoise, depending on the occasion.
For more Thanksgiving and fall recipes and crafts, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Hot Spiced Cranberry Cider by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Coconut Cream Pie Recipe by A Mom’s Take
- Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole by Mom Does It All
- Pumpkin Lebkuchen Donuts by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Turkey Sweet Potato Chili by Home And Garden Cafe
- Peanut Butter Cup Cake by Simply Southern Mom
- Heaven’s Delight Pineapple Marshmallow Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe by Pretty Opinionated
- Thanksgiving Craft: “Give Thanks” Wooden Blocks by Better in Bulk
- Easy Thanksgiving Centerpiece by Upstate Ramblings
- Family Gratitude Journal by Day by Day in Our World
- How to Make Pumpkin Gnocchi by Jennifer Sikora
- Fun Turkey Cupcake Idea by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Fall Harvest Pins DIY Fall Harvest Craft by Blessed Elements
- Hearty Chicken and Vegetable Soup by Sweet Lil You
- Soft Baked White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies by Savvy Saving Couple
- Mini Fall Leaf Decorated Cookies by How Was Your Day?
- Homemade Apple Muffins by Momma D Jane
Have you ever made a genoise recipe before? How did you like it?