This recipe for Chili Con Carne is a hearty meal that is great for large groups or even football games. I like making several ahead and freezing them so I have a good, stick-with-you meal whenever it’s needed. Serve with some tortilla chips, corn bread, or tortillas. Enjoy!
Chili Con Carne
4 – 6 servings
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- ¾ cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 -16 oz can tomatoes, cut up, undrained
- 1 – 16 oz can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 – 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 t. chili powder
- ½ t. dried basil, crushed
- ½ t. salt
- ¼ t. pepper
Cooking day instructions
- Cook ground beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic until meat is browned.
- Drain off any fat. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minutes. Cool.
- Place in gallon freezer bags and freeze.
Serving day instructions
- Thaw completely, simmer until heated through and serve.
- Top Chili Con Carne with grated cheese, sour cream, chopped onions, or any other favorite condiments.
Kendra Krebs is the writer of The Flower Hazard, a blog chronicling her life’s
adventures in the military, being a wife, and a new Stay At Home Mommy. You
can find her getting creative in the kitchen, sharing interesting reads, or
talking about her fun days at home with her son Jax, and 4 legged kiddos
Ryloo and Glory. Be sure to stop by, say hi, and enter some of her giveaways!