Some days just require a comfort meal. You know what I mean – the days where you just want to curl up on the couch with a soft blanket, a classic movie, and a bowl of something hot.
But there’s usually the dilemma of time: do I take the time to prepare that comfort food, or just settle for something else? Don’t allow that question to haunt you any longer! Because Chicken Pot Pie in the crockpot is the convenient solution to your comfort food woes.
Like most slow cooker meals, this one involves little preparation.
- Dice up an onion, 2 cloves of garlic, and a few potatoes.
- Grab a bag frozen mixed veggies and a few boneless chicken breasts.
- Toss everything in your crockpot and mix in a can of cream of chicken/mushroom soup.
Your 5 minutes of prep just turned into a gourmet meal of the best comfort food!
Before serving, shred the chicken. You can either do this with two forks or a hand mixer. Yes, you read that correctly. A low-speed hand mixer will shred your tender chicken right in the crockpot! No worries if it also blends up the potatoes. The mashed potatoes will combine with the soup to form a thicker base.
In lieu of a chicken pot pie crust, serve with biscuits or hearty dinner rolls. This meal is perfect for the days when your kids are under the weather, when you don’t have time to prep, or when you’re in the mood for classic comfort food!
- 1 bag of frozen mixed veggies (like carrots, peas, green beans, etc.)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2-4 potatoes of any kind, peeled and diced
- 1 can cream of chicken/mushroom soup (homemade recipe below)
- Optional: 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- Place the chicken on the bottom of the crockpot, and layer all of the veggies on top.
- Pour the soup over and stir to combine. If more liquid is needed, add ½ - 1 cup of broth. Note: If using homemade cream of anything soup, combine the water and soup mix, then pour straight into the crockpot. It will thicken as it cooks, so there’s no need to heat it up.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3 hours.
- Shred the chicken and stir everything together.
- If desired, thicken the mixture by stirring in a few tablespoons of flour and turning the crockpot to high for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a biscuit on top!
cream of chicken/vegetable soup with this easy recipe! Simply stir in the soup recipe before heating. The crockpot will heat it up and it will thicken during cooking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 370mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 18g