Are you searching for a homemade chicken tender recipe? And not a standard “oil with salt and pepper” kind of recipe? Look no further – this is the best chicken tender recipe!
The tenders are first coated in butter. But not plain butter…you melt the butter and then mix it with parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and honey mustard. If you want extra flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, yellow mustard, or your favorite mustard. Don’t worry, it won’t be overpowering because the butter and the bread crumbs an the Parmesan cheese help blend all of the flavors together.
Next, you bread each tender in a combination of bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. I’ve discovered that any kind of bread crumb will do the job. However, crushed up butter crackers, such as Ritz crackers, make the best kind of bread crumbs!
Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the breading is nice and crispy.
Breaded Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders
The best homemade chicken tenders! With the flavors of honey mustard and Parmesan cheese.
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- ¾ cup butter (melted)
- 2 Tbsp honey mustard
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 12-16 chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 400Line a baking sheet with foil and spray/brush with olive oil.
- Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a wide bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, mustard, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk together with a fork.
- Dip each chicken tender into the butter mixture, and then dredge in the bread crumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet with 1 inch between chicken tenders.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until browned and fully cooked.
Note: Crushed up butter-flavored crackers (like Ritz) make excellent bread crumbs!