Today I’m sharing some great BBQ hacks for amazing grilled chicken breast! You know what I love about chicken breast? It is a lean cut of meat, affordable and filling. Eating a delicious chicken breast recipe for lunch or dinner will fill you for a long time and you won’t have cravings after. And you know what I don’t like about chicken breasts? They can be bland and dry if you don’t season properly.
They can even be drier if you grill on the BBQ and don’t grease your BBQ before using it. That would be a waste of food and money when kids and significant other eat half of the chicken breast because they find it uninteresting. But I found few BBQ hacks for grilled chicken breasts that you will lick your fingers after. Once I shared these with you, I will be sharing a delicious grilled recipe with one of my favourite sauces: Blue Dragon Hoisin Sauce. You know how much I love this sauce. You can check one of my previous recipes: BBQ chicken wings or my grilled avocado recipe with shrimps.
Let me start with my BBQ hacks
- The secret with chicken and chicken breasts in general is the marinade. I usually marinate them for 24 to 48 hours. This will make the meat tender and juicy.
- My marinade are usually simple: I add some mustard, oil, some Hoisin Sauce. I cover and store in the fridge.
- I make sure I oil my BBQ grill with sesame oil. I learned this hack from Blue Dragon Canada Facebook page. Isn’t it amazing: quick, simple and you will add a nice flavor to your dishes.
- When grilling, I cover my BBQ for the first 5 minutes and then uncover it. I don’t want my meat to burn.
- During grilling, I brush my meat with Hoisin Sauce or any other marinade I am using. It will keep the meat moist and tender.
Those are few BBQ hacks that I use. They are easy and ensure a juicy dish. Now let’s see how you can eat one of the juiciest chicken breasts
Juicy Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe with Hoisin Sauce
- 4 Chicken breasts.
- 2 TBSP of mustard.
- 6 TBSP of Blue Dragon Hoisin Sauce
- 2 TBSP of olive oil
- 4 TBSP of sesame oil
- Green salad to accompany your dish
- Goat cheese: optional.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, mustard and 3 TBSP of Hoisin sauce. I am sharing approximate amount for the marinade based on my family’s tastes. Depending on your taste, you can add more Hoisin and less mustard.
- Put the chicken breasts in a large bowl. Add the above marinade.
- Make sure to mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for 24 hours at least.
- Once ready to cook, open the grill
- Let it heat
- Brush with sesame oil
- Grill the chicken
- In the middle, make sure to add brush the chicken with Hoisin sauce to keep them moist
- Serve with your favourite salad recipe topped with some goat cheese.
It is as easy as that. I know the marinade part can be annoying if we don’t plan it in advance but it is totally worth it. The days I forget to marinate the chicken breasts, the kids frown and don’t eat the dish. But the days I don’t, like today’s recipe, they keep asking for more, even if they ate the whole dish.
Looking for more great BBQ ideas? Head over to the Blue Dragon Canada website! Follow them on Twitter to keep up with all their exciting news. Check out their Tumblr for tons of amazing inspiration and beautiful pictures!
I am part of the Blue Dragon Canada ambassador program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
Do you have any favorite BBQ hacks? Tell me in the comments!