My kids are huge chicken wings fans. They order them every time we go to a restaurant or get the occasional take out. Since they eat them like chocolate candy, it can get pricey and it is not the healthiest meal ever. I figure if I make them at home, I can resolve both of those issues and avoid fights over the last few pieces. And guess, what! They love my homemade BBQ chicken wings.
They still fight for the last piece but I overlook that. I usually marinate the wings in a BBQ sauce or Honey Dijon Mustard. This time, I decided to add one my favourite BBQ ingredients: Blue Dragon Hoisin Sauce. Don’t lick the screen yet! It is mouthwatering, tender, juicy and full of flavor. A perfect summer dish! Just fire up the BBQ and enjoy a delicious appetizer with family and friends.
BBQ Chicken Wings with Hoisin Sauce Recipe
- Raw chicken wings. Depending on how many people will be enjoying this meal, I usually count 4 to 6 pieces per person. I marinated 16 pieces
- 2 TBSP of Dijon mustard. Again the quantity depends on how many wings you are serving.
- 1 TBSP of honey.
- 1/4 cup of Blue Dragon Hoisin sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP of olive oil.
- In a large cup, mix all the marinade ingredients.
- Set some marinade aside.
- Put the chicken in a large bowl, add the marinade and mix well. Don’t be afraid to use your hands to mix well.
- Let it marinate in the fridge for few hours. If you are in a hurry, you can fire up the grill but it is best if they marinate.
- Fire up the BBQ. Add the marinated chicken wings and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes while brushing with the leftover marinade.
Enjoy with your favourite salad recipe or just as is. My kids get overly excited when they hear there are BBQ chicken wings in the menu. They enjoyed this new flavor addition and so did I. It is tasty and mouthwatering. As I said: perfect for those summer evening where you don’t want to cook in the kitchen.
Looking for more delicious barbecue recipes? Visit Blue Dragon website to see all their mouthwatering spices and sauces! Then head over to their Tumblr for amazing recipes and cooking tips! Don’t forget to follow them on Twitter and Facebook for even more inspiration!
Do you have a favorite chicken wings recipe? How do you enjoy them most? Tell me in the comments!
Disclosure: I am part of the Blue Dragon Canada ambassador program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.