This the best crepe batter recipe you will ever try! It is easy to make and ready in few minutes. Crepes are ideal to make in advance and refrigerate or freeze, to fill later for a party or informal gathering. They are easy, and fun to serve. They are great as a basis for a desert or main meal. Crepes may be filled and folded in various shapes for a decorative presentation. Ideal to serve around the clock-for morning brunch; an elegant lunch; or a dinner entrée, or a succulent desert.
Here is a simple but delicious crepe batter recipe which can be made in minutes. It’s made from ingredients that everyone has on hand. My kids love it because it is fast to prepare, delicious and they can add whatever ingredient they like. My daughter adds Nuttella and Maple syrup to her crepe. My son loves mixing Nutella with Honey! My husband adds cheese and tuna with some lettuce. And I love it with Maple Syrup and almonds!
Here what you need for this basic crepe batter recipe
Ingredients to prepare this crepe recipe
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ cups of milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of melted butter
Make this easy crepe batter recipe
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and eggs. Gradually add in the milk, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter. Beat until smooth. If the batter seems thick, add some milk. You don’t need to rest the batter. It is ready to use.
- The secret of a well cooked crepe, is a well heated frying pan. So heat a frying pan for about 15 minutes. Add in some cooking spray or margarine. Pour one large scoop of the mixture and tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.Cook for about 1 minute. Turn and cook the other side.
This is the result:
- As a dessert: You can spread nutella and your favorite fruits : bananas, strawberries, etc!!
- As a lunch: while cooking the crepe on the frying pan, add some cheese and tuna and fold it.Enjoy..
- And you how do you like your crepe?
Want ideas to top your basic batter crepe recipe? Try this Crepe, Blueberry and Yogurt! Delicious!