If you are in the market for some frugal Valentine’s Day decor, look no further than this DIY sweetheart candle holder.
Using just a few supplies from your local dollar store, this frugal candle holder can be used as a Valentine’s Day dinner party centerpiece or just for some everyday color and fun. You can whip one of these up in just minutes and for less than a few dollars, so take a look below and see how to create on yourself.
DIY Sweetheart Candle Holder Valentine’s Day Decor Craft
- Glass candle holder
- Red and pink glitter foam
- Assorted heart stickers
- Craft glue
- Battery operated votive candle
As we mentioned, we were able to find everything on this list at our local dollar store. It only cost us a few dollars to buy all of the supplies we needed, making this a project that is just as frugal as it is festive. While you are there, look for other embellishments you may wish to use on your candle holder. You of course can add anything your creativity wishes.
1. Begin by cutting a thick strip of red glitter foam. Wrap it around the candle holder and use your craft glue to secure it to the holder.
2. Cut a second, thinner strip of glitter foam in a contrasting color such as pink. Wrap the strip around the candle holder on top of the previous strip. Use your craft glue to secure it into place.
3. Now add some interest and dimension to the candle holder by applying the heart stickers and embellishments. For our sample project, we layered the stickers on top of each other into a collage. If your stickers are not heavy duty, use a little glue to make sure they adhere well. Arrange the stickers in a pattern of your choice.
4. Add a battery operated votive to the candle holder and you are ready to roll!
Place this sweetheart candle holder Valentine’s Day decor craft on the center of your dinner table, on your office desk, or anywhere your can use a pop of Valentine’s Day charm. It would look great sitting on your mantle decorated with our Valentine’s Day Music of My Heart banner! You can even make these and give them as gifts to teachers, baby sitters, co-workers, and anyone else you wish to give a little Valentine’s Day gift to. For just a few dollars, it is the perfect gift.
Head to your local dollar store and gather the supplies you need to give this DIY sweetheart candle holder Valentine’s Day Decor craft a try. It is the perfect craft to whip up on a wintry day, and it does a great job putting you into the Valentine’s Day spirit.
What do you think of this easy Valentine’s Day decor craft? Do you have any great craft ideas you’d love to see us write about?