These Halloween movies that kids can watch are going to be favorites in your house this year! Halloween is often too scary for kids to watch the popular movies and shows. This list gives you something great your kids will enjoy, and so will you. Classics from your childhood along with modern movies make this list a perfect place to shop for some fun weekend movies for the weeks leading up to Halloween.
Halloween Movies That Kids Can WatchÂ
Affiliate links included below.
It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown: This is the ultimate in Halloween movies that kids can watch. It’s a great carton that features all of your favorite Peanuts characters with a great moral of the story tale that everyone will love.
Casper: This is a classic movie featuring animated ghosts alongside our favorite live action characters. Casper is as always ,the friendly ghost that just wants to make friends. Very little is spooky in this film that has everyone excited to watch together.
The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad: This is a classic Disney movie that brings a fun tale of Sleepy Hollow to the screen. It’s a bit creepier than others, but still light enough that it won’t scare the young ones watching it in your house.
Hotel Transylvania: We loved this more recent Halloween movie that even has a sequel coming out this year. It’s a great fun family friendly movie that has a little suspense, a little kid friendly romance and mos of all the love of family.
Monster House: This Halloween flick is better for your older kids since it is a bit scarier than some of the others on the list. A house that turns into a monster is definitely a great thriller for the whole family.
Hocus Pocus: You can’t go wrong with this hilarious and suspenseful movie all about the town of Salem and a family of witches brought to life and seeking fresh new lives in modern times. It’s a cute movie the whole family will enjoy watching together.
Curious George Halloween Boo Fest: For the youngest in your family, this is a great fun option. A safe and fun option for Halloween movies that won’t frighten but will be fun for your kids to watch.
These Halloween movies that kids can watch are perfect not just for your children but for the whole family. Plan a fun movie night in complete with popcorn, candy and sodas with this list!
For more Halloween entertainment, visit a few of my favorite blogs:
- Best Halloween Mysteries by In Our Spare Time
- 5 Halloween Movies for the Whole Family by Mom Does it All
- Have a Spooky Good Time With These Kids’ Halloween Shows by Views from the Ville
- Halloween Books for Kids by Better in Bulk
- Are Corn Mazes Dog Friendly by Two Little Cavaliers
- 30 Spooktacular Halloween Board Books for Toddlers by Mom on the Side
- Top 7 Scariest Books That Will Make You Want to Read With the Lights On by My Kids Guide
- Spooky Fun Halloween Apps for All Ages by Pretty Opinionated
- 13 Nights of Halloween by MommaDJane
- Family Friendly Shows for Halloween by Day by Day in Our World
- Halloween Movie Quotes by Style on Main
- Halloween Movies that aren’t Gory by How Was Your Day?