Halloween is just around the corner and for those of us on a budget it is time to start thinking about great Cheap Halloween Costumes For Kids. There are tons of great ideas out there on the internet, but there are even more hiding in your own home. We have compiled a list of some of the best cheap Halloween costumes for kids you can pull together from things within your home and just a few simple additions.
CHEAP HALLOWEEN COSTUMES FOR KIDS
The Geek: This is a classic that everyone will love to see make an appearance at their next party.
- Supplies Needed: Jeans or Pants rolled to be too short (showing socks), Button Down or Polo Style Shirt, Bowtie, Suspenders or Belt, Pocket Protector with pens & markers, big old style bulky glasses.
A Ghost: You can’t go wrong with the always fun and classic ghost.
- Supplies Needed: White sheet or cloth.
Robot: Always fun to make and easy to personalize for individual personalities.
- Supplies Needed: Large cardboard box (appliance box is great), Silver paint, wrapping paper or aluminum foil, Cardboard or cardstock to make a hat (roll and shape like a funnel), paint, stickers and accessories to decorate
A Mummy: Nothing evokes fear like a body back from the dead!
- Supplies Needed: White or grey shirt and pants, gauze or tissue paper for wrapping the body
School Teacher: All little kids love to play school. Why not dress them up like their teacher this year?
- Supplies Needed: Dress clothes (suit for boys, dress for girls), stack of books or folder with “Teachers Guide” written on it, name badge that says “Mr.” or “Mrs.” and their last name. Ruler or dowel for pointing.
The Princess: Every little girl dresses up and pretends to be a princess at some point. Why not enjoy that dress up time for a special night?
- Supplies Needed: Frilly dress, Tiara, Sparkly shoes
Recommended supplies all under $10
Affiliate links included. Click photos in collage for more product details.
If you are looking for more great ideas for Halloween Costumes check out the list below from some other great blogs out there!
With these great ideas at your fingertips this year Halloween should be a fun family event. There is no need to spend tons of money! Simply use some of our Cheap Halloween Costume Ideas For Kids and make a fun new family Halloween tradition! Looking for more tips? Check out our complete Halloween guide!
What are your favorite cheap Halloween costumes for kids? Tell us in the comments!