Wearing a Halloween costume is one of the most fun parts about Halloween. I see so many moms hiding in their fleece jackets during trick or treat. I get it! Every year I aspire to have amazing costumes like Neil Patrick Harris’s family, but I am lucky if I manage a pumpkin temporary tattoo.
Not this year! There are simple costumes anyone can pull together to join the fun. When you look back at your cute costume selfies with your kids you will thank me!
*Affiliate links included below.
5 Quick Halloween Costumes Anyone Can Make From Their Closet
A black cat costume is one of my go to costumes. Keep this look sleek in all black, and give it a touch of sexy with those cute black wedges. Glittery cat ears are a bit cuter than a basic pair, and don’t forget to give yourself cat eyes with black eyeliner.
- Mossimo Long Sleeve Tee (Target) — $12.00
- Xhilaration Basic Leggings (Target) — $10.00
- Darcy Wedge Pumps (Target) — $29.99
- Anna Belen Glitter-Cat Ears (Amazon) — $14.80
- Seasons Trading Black Cat Tail (Amazon) — $5.88
- Black Radiance Eyeliner (Target) — $2.99
Rosie The Riveter
Here’s a cute costume to get the job done. Throw on flared jeans with a button down for a super easy look. Add a pop of color with bright red lipstick and a bright red scarf for your head. Everyone will know your costume right away when you add that button!
- Chambray Blouse(Modcloth) — $49.99
- Flared Leg Jeans(Modcloth) — $59.99
- Bamboo Journee Fold Over Boots(Target) — $46.99
- Red and White Polka Dot Scarf(Amazon) — $11.99
- Rosie the Riveter Button(Amazon) — $6.49
- Revlon Creme Lipstick(Amazon) — $4.72
This is the costume you want, wooh ooh oohhhh, honey! I have one of these exact same jackets in my closet and have worn this costume multiple times. The cat eye glasses and strappy shoes make this costume all the more adorable. This costume is even cuter for a group, so convince all your friends to ditch the fleece and go pink for Halloween!
- You’re the One that I Flaunt Leggings (Modcloth) — $24.99
- Striped Tee (Modcloth) — $24.99
- Charade Satin Ladies’ Jacket (Amazon) — $21.63
- Black Ankle Strap Heels (Modcloth) — $27.99
- Vintage Inspired Cat Eye Glasses (Amazon) — $9.99
- Maybelline Liquid Eyeliner (Amazon) — $4.17
This one is all bohemian chic. The peasant top and bracelets are not currently in my closet, but I can think of a million more times I would wear them. That coin belt is a nice finishing touch.
- Solid Wrap Maxi Dress (Target) — $24.99
- Cotton Off Shoulder Peasant Top (Target) — $24.99
- Mad Love Flip Flop Sandals (Target) — $19.99
- Long Tassel Necklace (Target) — $16.99
- 3 Piece Bangle Bracelets (Target) — $9.99
- Lotus International Coin Belt (Amazon) — $11.88
- Bohemian Floral Scarf (Amazon) — $5.88
This is for all the ladies who are in love with the flannel trend this fall. Throw on your favorite trendy flannel shirt, jeans and an adorable straw fedora for this look. Add a little corn and some sturdy boots for a farm fresh scarecrow look.
- Mid Rise Boyfriend Jeans (Target) — $29.99
- Button Down Flannel Shirt (Target) — $39.99
- Carmen Quilted Boots (Target) — $37.99
- Woven Straw Fedora (Target) — $12.99
- CoverGirl Brown Eyeliner Pencil (Amazon) — $3.79
- Corn Husks (Amazon) — $3.42
28 thoughts on “5 Quick Halloween Costumes Anyone Can Make From Their Closet”
What great ideas. I didnt’ need them this year, but possibly I’ll need them next.
I have jeans, a chambray shirt, a Rosie the Riveter t-shirt, and a red bandana. Halloween is solved this year! Thanks for the idea.
So true – we all have so many items in our closets that can easily become Halloween costumes. Thanks for sharing 😀
I love the ideas. I could easily do the black cat or the scarecrow.
Great ideas! So simple but awesome!
Love your ideas… Specially black cat it’s easy to find in wardrobe….
I really could pull a few of those looks off with what I have around. This is awesome!
I think my kids want me to be a construction worker for Halloween. I think that should be pretty easy.
Good ideas. I like costumes like this you can put together yourself.
I love the Pink Ladies and Rosie the Riveter! Great ideas.
Funny! I actually thought of doing Rosie last year, but went as a unicorn instead when I found this awesome unicorn horn!
I was just invited to a Halloween party and these are some great ideas.
Or go with the old standby and throw on a white sheet with the word BOO! written in magic marker.
These are some awesome ideas, and I could literally make any of them with whats in my closet right now!
What great ideas! Especially for last minute costumes 🙂 Thanks!
The pink ladies is one that I love. I had a friend in high school who dressed like that to get a boyfriend.
I love the Pink Lady costume and had not thought about using it for Halloween.
Long ago I learned it is not what you buy but what you have that makes the best costume because somehow the pieces you have are already comfortable and let your CHARACTER Come through
Beautiful and innovative!
I don’t have any of those things in my closet, but they are super cute ideas.
The black cat is just to easy! I love all these ideas. Thanks for sharing them, it’s not just quick it’s super affordable too.
I like this ideas. i love the scare crow it is good for me. i don’t want a costume that is hard to wear.
Love these ideas. I often go in my closet to find costume pieces.
I love the scarecrow. That is such a cute costume idea.
i am not into Halloween but if I was your suggestions would definitely make my list – way up!
I read your blog post with my 15 and 12-year-old. You inspired them to create their own costumes this year. Thank you for your post.
A seriously smart move…for those persons on a budget and needing a costume this is fabulous
I like your ideas and all the costumes especially Black Cat & scarecrow all from my closet …Oh boy!