Wearing a Halloween costume is one of the most fun parts about Halloween. I see so many moms hiding in their fleece jackets during trick or treat. I get it! Every year I aspire to have amazing costumes like Neil Patrick Harris’s family, but I am lucky if I manage a pumpkin temporary tattoo.
Not this year! There are simple costumes anyone can pull together to join the fun. When you look back at your cute costume selfies with your kids you will thank me!
*Affiliate links included below.
5 Quick Halloween Costumes Anyone Can Make From Their Closet
A black cat costume is one of my go to costumes. Keep this look sleek in all black, and give it a touch of sexy with those cute black wedges. Glittery cat ears are a bit cuter than a basic pair, and don’t forget to give yourself cat eyes with black eyeliner.
- Mossimo Long Sleeve Tee (Target) — $12.00
- Xhilaration Basic Leggings (Target) — $10.00
- Darcy Wedge Pumps (Target) — $29.99
- Anna Belen Glitter-Cat Ears (Amazon) — $14.80
- Seasons Trading Black Cat Tail (Amazon) — $5.88
- Black Radiance Eyeliner (Target) — $2.99
Rosie The Riveter
Here’s a cute costume to get the job done. Throw on flared jeans with a button down for a super easy look. Add a pop of color with bright red lipstick and a bright red scarf for your head. Everyone will know your costume right away when you add that button!
- Chambray Blouse(Modcloth) — $49.99
- Flared Leg Jeans(Modcloth) — $59.99
- Bamboo Journee Fold Over Boots(Target) — $46.99
- Red and White Polka Dot Scarf(Amazon) — $11.99
- Rosie the Riveter Button(Amazon) — $6.49
- Revlon Creme Lipstick(Amazon) — $4.72
This is the costume you want, wooh ooh oohhhh, honey! I have one of these exact same jackets in my closet and have worn this costume multiple times. The cat eye glasses and strappy shoes make this costume all the more adorable. This costume is even cuter for a group, so convince all your friends to ditch the fleece and go pink for Halloween!
- You’re the One that I Flaunt Leggings (Modcloth) — $24.99
- Striped Tee (Modcloth) — $24.99
- Charade Satin Ladies’ Jacket (Amazon) — $21.63
- Black Ankle Strap Heels (Modcloth) — $27.99
- Vintage Inspired Cat Eye Glasses (Amazon) — $9.99
- Maybelline Liquid Eyeliner (Amazon) — $4.17
This one is all bohemian chic. The peasant top and bracelets are not currently in my closet, but I can think of a million more times I would wear them. That coin belt is a nice finishing touch.
- Solid Wrap Maxi Dress (Target) — $24.99
- Cotton Off Shoulder Peasant Top (Target) — $24.99
- Mad Love Flip Flop Sandals (Target) — $19.99
- Long Tassel Necklace (Target) — $16.99
- 3 Piece Bangle Bracelets (Target) — $9.99
- Lotus International Coin Belt (Amazon) — $11.88
- Bohemian Floral Scarf (Amazon) — $5.88
This is for all the ladies who are in love with the flannel trend this fall. Throw on your favorite trendy flannel shirt, jeans and an adorable straw fedora for this look. Add a little corn and some sturdy boots for a farm fresh scarecrow look.
- Mid Rise Boyfriend Jeans (Target) — $29.99
- Button Down Flannel Shirt (Target) — $39.99
- Carmen Quilted Boots (Target) — $37.99
- Woven Straw Fedora (Target) — $12.99
- CoverGirl Brown Eyeliner Pencil (Amazon) — $3.79
- Corn Husks (Amazon) — $3.42