Looking for a cute homemade Father’s Day gift idea that you won’t cost you a fortune in supplies? Check out this adorable DIY Natural Wood Planter! It’s a fun and easy dollar store craft that kids can make almost on their own, with just a little help from mom. Even if dad isn’t a gardener, he’ll love this fun Father’s Day craft because it comes from the heart! Keep reading after the instructions for personalized ideas on what to plant for every dad!
Related: Homemade Gifts For Father’s Day
Father’s Day Craft: DIY Natural Wood Planter
You will need:
- Paper cup
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Wooden sticks
- Potting soil
- Small plant
Instructions for this Father’s Day craft:
- Collect approximately 50 small natural wood sticks that are about 4 inches long.
- Use the scissors to trim the top of the paper cup to about 3 ½ inches tall.
- With a hot glue gun, add a strip of glue near the top, middle and bottom of the cup about ½ inch long.
- Quickly and carefully apply sticks to the glue on the cup. Make sure that the sticks line up evenly with and a little higher than the bottom of the cup.
- Repeat this around the cup until the outside of the cup is covered with sticks.
- Use the glue gun and small pieces of sticks to fill in any big gaps that let the cup show through.
- Once the cup is covered with sticks, tie a piece of twine around the center in a knot.
- Fill the cup with potting soil.
- Add your small plant.
- Give this cool natural wooden planter to your dad on father’s day!
Related: Father’s Day Crafts for Kids
A few ideas for what to plant:
- Dads who love cooking; basil, thyme, oregano
- Dads who work in jobs that require creativity or a lot of brain power: peppermint (it helps clear the mental fog)
- Veterinarian Dads- Catnip! To calm those crazy kitties!
- Super stressed out dads: lavender or chamomile
These are just a few ideas to get you started. You can also plant flowers, if you like! Just have fun making him this Father’s Day craft and he’ll love it no matter what you put in it.
Do you have a favorite go-to Father’s Day craft that you love to make? What do you think of this handmade Father’s Day gift idea? Tell us in the comments!