Through the flurry of the back to school shopping and plans, I am eying my own closet. The last few hot summer days are ending and fall will be here soon. I need clothes that layer and colors that blend. I want outfits that still feel a bit breezy to transition from warm summer to cool and crisp fall days.
My secret weapon is to do my shopping online for myself! One of my fav stores is Modcloth. Have you checked out some of their pieces lately? I did some browsing and managed to come up with an entire fall wardrobe by throwing only twelve pieces in my cart. You may be giving me the side eye wondering how only twelve pieces would make a fall wardrobe. We are going to wear bottoms every day right? We have accessories planned in this list also? Well check a few of the amazing combinations I was able to make with my finds, and then continue below where I have included links for everything.
Transition Your Outfits From Summer To Fall
Affiliate links included below.
I like to play with patterns with tops to make my outfits more interesting. I picked out tops that have fun patterns and were very different from each other so you get a variety of looks. I especially love the tunic sweater, which is perfect to layer over lighter summer pieces as the weather turns cooler.
- Espresso Artist Top @ Modcloth- $24.99
- Well Within Your Peach Tunic @ Modcloth- $34.99
- Off-Site to Behold Top @ Modcloth- $49.99
- Shawl I Ever Wanted Cardigan @ Modcloth- $69.99
Let’s talk leggings and pants now ladies. A solid pair of black leggings is your foundation, and the lace on this pair is a nice touch. Make sure to add a pair of jeans into the mix for cool fall days. This cozy pants pair looks amazing from behind and I am in love with the seaming detail up the legs. The back view is just as important as the front! I picked up the copper pants for a third and completely different look to pair with the patterned tops you will see in a minute.
- A Fine Foundation Leggings @ Modcloth- $19.99
- Covertly Cozy Pants @ Modcloth- $69.99
- Brooklyn Bound Pants @ Modcloth- $69.99
The Quick One Piece
This flannel dress is cozy and easy for fall, and one of my favorite finds. I would love to pair a piece like this with leggings. The jumpsuit in a beautiful cranberry color can dress up or down easily, even all in the same day! Versatile pieces are handy for those of us who are super busy.
Now for the icing on the cake, accessories! I am lusting over these cute booties. A tan pair like these goes so well with fall colors, but also pairs nicely with the floral and patterned skirts that were popular for summer. The black flats are a necessity to any collection. A pointed toe means they pair for work and weekends. Add a scarf to a mix to give a completely different look, especially to a patterned top. This mustard color blends with the darker fall palate while still giving a pop of color to your outfit.
- Defined the Scenes Flats @ Modcloth- $29.99
- Montauk Me Through It Booties @ Modcloth- $49.99
- Brighten Up Circle Scarf @ Modcloth- $14.99
You need all of these pieces, look at all the amazing combinations you can make!
For more fall fashion and beauty posts, check out a few of my favorite blogs:
- Cinnamon Apple Body Scrub from The Socialite’s Closet
- Fall Jackets for Kids for Under $30 from Sweet Lil You
- 7 Oh My Go-rgeous Fall Beauty Trends You’ll Actually WANT to Try from Pretty Opinionated
- All the Fall Trends, Under $100 from The Guavalicious Life
- Old Navy Mix and Match Fall Wardrobe from How Was Your Day?
- 20 Great Scarves Under $20 from Style on Main
- 3 Ways To Wear A Striped Tee: Remix Your Wardrobe! from My Kids Guide