This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of TruMoo Milk. All opinions are 100% mine.
Back to school season officially here, it’s time to start gathering up all those supplies! Now that Jake is growing up he wants things that reflect his personality a bit more. He had a really rough year last year with bullies, so I’m really trying to find ways to get him excited about school this year. I’d buy him the moon if I thought it would make his year better than last year. Unfortunately, the moon isn’t for sale and it doesn’t fit in a backpack.
Jake found these cool, super sophisticated lunch containers when we were out shopping. They were really inexpensive, but they’re also a little plain. I thought it would be fun to make them a little more unique and reflect his personality. We also needed to do something about a thermos for his TruMoo, since he drinks it for lunch every day.
Back to School Lunchbox Makeovers
For this lunchbox makeover, I knew I needed something super easy. I’m not exactly the craftiest crafter around. I can do easy, but advanced projects make me cry a little inside. I also wanted something that Jake could participate in. I didn’t want to do some super fancy makeover (even if I could!) and hand him a finished product.
Then the idea hit me: permanent markers and duct tape! With those two things, you can take over the world! For this back to school lunchbox makeover, you’ll need:
- An inexpensive plastic lunchbox or bento-style box
- An inexpensive thermos (search your cabinets for a freebie that you got at a business expo, school fair or somewhere else. Metal thermoses are one of the biggest “giveaways,” so we all probably have a few!)
- Permanent markers
- Cool duct tape in a design your child likes
How to do it: Anything goes here! Jake wanted a Minecraft creeper design, so I drew it freehand from an example online.
- You can either cut out stencils or trace over a sticky note with the marker over the spot you want your design. It bleeds through just enough to leave dots and faint lines for you to fill in.
- Let your kids go to town adding their own elements. Dots, an initial, lines, whatever they want. The key is to let THEM lead the way, not you or a carefully-planned craft tutorial. This is about your kids having fun and creating their own back to school lunchbox.
- For the thermos: this is where the duct tape comes in. Just wrap it around in different spots. The great thing about this: you can peel it off and update it for every season.
I recommend serving up delicious chocolate TruMoo while your kids are crafting! It’s Jake’s all-time favorite beverage. With back to school season coming, I’ll be sending it along in his thermos or grabbing the little boxes for his school snacks. With no artificial growth hormones or high-fructose corn syrup, it’s one delicious chocolaty snack I’m happy to provide.
Connect with TruMoo:
- For product information and availability, visit TruMoo online.
- Join the TruMoo community on Facebook.
- Find TruMoo Recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
How do you let your kids personality shine through with their back to school supplies? Tell us in the comments!