When you’re traveling, you need a place to stay, right? Hotels are one of the most convenient lodging options. Unfortunately, they’re also one of the most costly. Don’t let your lodging fees eat up your entire family vacation budget! We have some great tips on how to save money on hotels. Take a look! This post contains affiliate links to help you save money on hotels. We only share products and services that we use as well.
5 Ways to Save Money on Hotels
1. Set a budget and stick to it. This is one of the most important tips to help you save money on hotels. Decide how much you want to spend on lodging, then look for hotels in your price range. Make sure you stick to your budget. It can be really tempting to go outside your budget when you see a hotel that offers luxurious amenities. Don’t be tempted to spend more just because you think you may use that hot tub once or twice.
2. Consider group discounts. If you’re planning to attend a family reunion, wedding or other event, talk to others who need lodging. If you all stay at the same hotel, you may be able to get a discount. This is also a good idea if you’re planning on traveling for work. Planning a party yourself? Look into discounts when you reserve a block of room as well as a banquet hall.
3. Consider an extended-stay hotel with a kitchen. If you’ll be at your travel destination for a week or longer, it’s a good idea to look into extended-stay suites. These are great ways to save money on hotels, as they typically offer a flat fee for the week. Plus, they often come with kitchenettes. Even if they do cost a little extra than a regular hotel, if you factor in the savings of cooking in versus eating out, it adds up to major money.
4. Book ahead of time. Start looking for great deals to help you save money on hotels well ahead of your vacation. Many hotels offer early booking deals. You can lock in the best prices and keep an eye out for all the deals that pop up.
5. Try to travel off-season. You can save money on hotels in a major way if you’re flexible with your travel plans. Hotels typically charge more on weekends and close to major holidays. Summer is a peak travel time for many families. While it may not be feasible to travel in, say, fall, check the areas you’re planning to visit to make sure your arrival doesn’t coincide with a major event in town that would book up the hotels.
These tips will go a long way to help you save money on hotels. It’s also important to do your research and check out reviews from customers. In my opinion, it’s not worth saving a few dollars if the hotel is so horrible that it ruins your vacation.
Do you have any great tips to help save money on hotels?
9 thoughts on “5 Tips to Help You Save Money on Hotels”
Great tips! My tip was to look even for off season – I’ll do a lot of off-season travel, because it’s all cheaper!
Fastidious answers in return of this query with solid arguments and telling everything concerning
We always try to book a place with a kitchen — it is such a money saver to be able to make some meals at home.
After looking over a handful of the blog posts on your web page, I truly
like your way of blogging. I added it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Please visit my web site too
and let mme know how you feel.
These are excellent tips! My husband and I already apply many of these to our pre-travel preparation, I want to check out a extended-stay hotel with a kitchen in the future.
These are great tips and ones we live by. I might also add calling the hotel directly. Sometimes they have rates you can’t find anywhere else.
Definitely good tips here. I love traveling in the off-season, but it’s not always possible.
Great tips! My tip would be look for the off-season too – I do a lot of traveling off-season because everything is more affordable that way!
Great tips, I frequently choose to travel in the off season.