To remain comfortable throughout pregnancy it is important to use the right clothing, especially during the last term of pregnancy when the belly starts to show off conspicuously. The majority of women do not like to spend or cannot afford big money on maternity clothing as they will be using them only for a short time.
Here are the best ways to save money on maternity clothes
- Do not shop for maternity clothes all at once: It is always recommended to purchase maternity clothing as the belly changes. This would help you find the right fitting clothes. Choose stretchable clothing that can accommodate your growing body for a while.
- Search your wardrobe: Before hitting the store, search the entire wardrobe and make a list of things you possess. Search even your husband’s wardrobe as his pants might fit you. This would save money for purchasing other essential clothing.
- Share with a friend or family member: If you have a friend, relative or a family member who was pregnant recently then you can share maternity clothes with them. Share whatever is possible.
- Search for clearance sales: Generally, stores announce big sales at the end of the season or in the festival time. Hit the store during this time to find amazing maternity clothing at best price. This is one of the best ways to save money on maternity clothes but beware of the quality of the clothing. Purchasing low grade clothing will only waste the money.
- Use gift cards: Majority of the branded stores offer points to the customers for the amount spent at their store. After accumulating a certain number of points they can be redeemed for cash or obtain a discount in later purchases. So, if you have been shopping at a store and accumulated points, use them. You can even request friends and family members to offer gift cards instead of gifts for your baby shower.
- Shop online: A few stores offer good deals online than in-store. Hence, before purchasing in-store search for online deals or discount coupons. However, by shopping online you cannot be sure of quality and fitting of the dress. Hence, purchase only from stores offering a money back policy i.e. they should make full return of money if you are not satisfied with the clothing purchased.
- Shop along with friends: If you have a friend or family member in need of maternity clothing then shop together. Purchasing in bulk amount will definitely let you grab a good discount.
- Look for garage sales: One of the best ways to save money on maternity clothes is by shopping at a garage sale. In a garage sale you can find items that would be useful to your new born too. So, you will be saving huge money.
- Shop at local thrift store: These stores may not have good collection of clothing. But, they are worth a trial as you can save big money on maternity clothes. Visit multiple thrift stores and you will definitely be lucky to find clothing of your requirement.
- Try using a band: In the initial days of pregnancy you can try using a band to loop in the buttonholes of the pant to increase the waist size. This trick definitely helps to continue with existing clothes for a month or more.
Lastly, shop intelligently to save money on maternity clothes as well as enjoy a variety of clothing designed especially to give a new look to pregnant women.
4 thoughts on “10 Best ways to save money on maternity clothes”
Brilliant insights. Thank you for that. Expecting mothers can save a lot! Keep it coming.
I tried to only buy clothes as I needed them with each pregnancy, but about a year after I’d had my first daughter, when I was packing my closet for a move, I discovered a maternity shirt in my closet that I’d never worn! It still had the tags on it! I bought it to “grow into” and then forgot about it. So yes, only buy clothes as your tummy grows! 🙂 Thanks for the great tips.
I loved shopping for maternity clothes online!
What great tips, wish I had read these back when I was pregnant!!!